Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Road Weathy Certificate Repair Help Much Needed

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vx S Pack S2
Hi im new to cars and stuff for it i just got a road weathy certificate inspection done and failed it heres a list of work that needs to be done

cost to fix is $540 i showed this to my mate and he reckons im gettin takin for a ride so i just wanna know what you guys and girls think about it

Attachments

• road weathy cert.jpg
    road weathy cert.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 482

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
They are all genuine items.

The only way to know if you are getting 'taken for a ride' is whether or not those items are actually wrong with the car.

Only way to know that is to check the car itself, I'd suggest you do it, but by the sounds of it you don't know much about cars. Find a mate who knows a bit more about cars than you and double check them. If they need fixing, replace/fix it.

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Get a second opinion mate, 90% of that stuff you can do yourself

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Sounds about right for a VX. That price doesn't sound too bad for the work involved. Sounds like a really picky person though. Have a look at the things listed for yourself. Does it leak coolant and oil? Coolant's probably an easy one but for the price it seems better to just let them do it if they assure you a roadworthy at the end of it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vx S Pack S2
thanks guys he said that there was coolent leaking from the bottom of the radiator but i always check for leaks when i leave my car because iv heard that these cars are prone to do that but iv never seen any only today on pickup plus never had any oil leaks but have noticed oli around the sump so brought a new bolt plus what does he mean by L/H/F park light? is that the brake lights?

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vx S Pack S2
yeah unless my friend wants to do it i think ill do what waith said just let them do it saves the hussle of finding parts and it seems to be the normal price to fix so thanks alot guys

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Probably the left hand front park light is blown. Very easy to check. Heck why not throw in some new parkers and globes anyway.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
1. LHF - Left hand front.
In the headlight lense is a T10 wedge globe known as a parker light. Prob not working.
5 Watt T10 Wedge. Easy to replace and costs about $3

2. Handbrake can be adjusted via the hub and remving the grommet. Search this site for how to's.

3. Seat belts? cant read the writing

4. Coolant - recheck again. Can always loosen the reservoir cap to relieve the pressure and will not pressurise the system but still flow the water.

5. Radius rod bushes, can cause sloppy brake feel and stability in car. Ranging between $75 to $150 for the parts alone.

6. Engine oil - degrease and recheck.

7. Auto Extension housing seal - real **** to change.

8. Front pads, easy to change

For what they wanna charge you, not a bad price at all.

Cheyne92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pak
Unless the car failed the brake test, they can't knock you on a roadworthy for brake pads.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Unless the car failed the brake test, they can't knock you on a roadworthy for brake pads.

When my old VS failed because of front brakes, Holden supplied me with the data sheet of the brake test.
Apparently it's done with the car moving and some sort of computerised test equipment.
The brake test doesn't just rely on the pads, but the system as a whole.