Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roadside Assist?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I would have saved well over $5k in tow fees over the years I have been in RACT and RAA. I think roadside assist is well worth the $200 a year you pay. Even new cars break down sometimes.

good god, how bad was your car?

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
q

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
good god, how bad was your car?
Many different cars over the last 30 years. Some worse than others.... hahahaha. One time car didn't break down, just a blown globe. But because it was night RAA put us up in a motel, as no where to buy a globe at 6pm at night. I've had 200km + tows that I got for free.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I wouldn't call prepaid free.
Yeah well technically no. I just pay $16 a month and don't miss it. Having had three or four tows on the ute it's more than paid for itself. I've had close to 1000km of flatbed transport for the ute over the last 4 years. At $350 - $400 a tow, that it would have cost me, I am well in front.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
q

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
A tow will cost a minimum of $100-150.
Yeah min tow fee here is $150 if you pay the driver from your own wallet. That's a 15km tow anything more and it goes up from there.. If you need a 200km tow it's anywhere from $350 to $400.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Had the 3yr/60k service done on the Magnum almost a fortnight ago.
Just received an email from Holden with some good news.
They've extended my 'roadside assist' until October 2022.

Anyone else received this?
Not a word here. My Magnum's 3yr service was completed 8 weeks ago.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Pretty sure all the LE's had this from Holden, 2 years roadside assist, plus an extra 12 months if you service it at Holden.
I'm sure it was listed in the PDF's released by Holden.

What was surprising was an email giving me an extra 2 years.
Doubt I’d need roadside assistance given how my LE is used. Well I hope I wouldn’t need such assistance :eek:

In any case, if anything went wrong and the car couldn’t be driven to a dealer, as I see it, towing would be on Holdens dime given that it’s under warranty (roadside assistance or not). If they don’t want to see it that way, I’d remind them of the fact that ACL covers consequential loss caused by a product failure due to lack of durability ;)

As is, it’s not unheard of for manufacturers to provide a year of roadside assistance each time the vehicle is serviced at a dealer while still under warranty. In any case, it was nice for Holden (HCC?) to advise you of your RA extension :cool:

iamandrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
My VF Ran out of roadside assist i think 3 years after I bought it, I then bought it again through holden for like 2 more years,
when it ran out they said they dont offer it at all anymore? ended up going with Budget Direct, not the best, but at least it something