Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

roadworthy requirements in the act

canb_vn06

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais turbs vr 3.8
hey guys i was just wondering if anyone has a list of roadworthy requirements for the act or one of those sheets with wat they tick on it when the do the check just so i know wat i need to do to prep my vn exec for rego???

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
its usually pretty general across the board for all states and territories...they check: brakes, tires, electrics (as in lights, blinkers,etc..), identification (engine no. matches up), modifications, seats and retraints, windscreens and windows, body and chassis, steering and suspension, engine and driveline, exhaust emissions, and a road test.
its usually not that hard to get a roadworthy, if they car is in good nick and doesnt have any major problems.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
i notice your ride is 'rollin on 20s', you may have problems getting it passed an inspection as you can only go 2 inches bigger then standard. check the stick thread at the top of the general forum on australian vehicle mod guidelines

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
id just borrow a mates stockies, im sure theyd be glad to have your 20s for half a day :D

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
roadworthy requirements are posted on your state roads authority website.

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
you can go more then 2 inchs bigger in rim size. You can go as big as you want as long as the rolling circumfrence isnt more the 2 inch more or 1 inch less or somemthing. So otherwords as long as you put some nice rubber bands on your rims or have a mod plate which you will need if you go over 19s then they are illegal. ( thats in qld anyway)

canb_vn06

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais turbs vr 3.8
yea i cant find any requirements on my rta site?? maybe i just dont know where to look

Jimboss

Reaction score
Troy711 said:
i notice your ride is 'rollin on 20s', you may have problems getting it passed an inspection as you can only go 2 inches bigger then standard. check the stick thread at the top of the general forum on australian vehicle mod guidelines

That;s actually not true, the ACT has no max rim diameter, it's just the wheel track and overall diameter (both -15mm to +26mm, maybe other way around, can't remember).

I had mine pass a roadworthy about 6 months ago, i'll dig up the invoice i have, but i think you hand in the checklist.

I think if they change the ADR's to include wheels etc then we would have restrictions.

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
nah man i was told that u can only go 2 inch's bigger...so if ur comes out with 15s u can go to 17s etc. with urs being a vn, it more or less came out with 15s maybe 16s, so yeah u could prob only go for 17s or 18s tops...but from what i know ur ment to only be allowd to go 2inches bigger...

if u wanna try with ur 20's by all means try, but i doubt they'll tick "wheels - Pass"...

cheers, Todd

Jimboss

Reaction score
Well, about 3 months ago i contacted the RTA (i think it's actually part of urban services), and was specifically told that there was no max rim diameter, however the tyres had to meet all the necessary load ratings etc.

And i notice that you are in Perth, are you talking about the rules for WA or the ACT?