Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roasting Garage - No it isn't hot in the shed......

LSbally

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ss ute
Gday guys,

Has anyone here dealt with a business called Roasting Garage on the Gold Coast? Reason i ask is that i will be doing the usual cam and associated upgrades to my LS in the very near future and these guys have popped up on FB a number of times offering basic rebuilds with cam packages for near on what most shops are charging for just cam packages. It has gotten my attention as my motor is sitting at around 210k klm and a little freshen up probably wouldn't hurt.

When it sounds to good to be true it usually is but they have told me that they use WSM cams and WSM for their tuning and i just don't see those guys putting their name to sub par built motors.

This is what is listed if i supply my motor:
new factory spec bearings
new factory spec rings
new MLS head gaskets
new timing chain kit
new WSM camshaft
new WSM timing guide
new ls7 lifters
new trend pushrods
new high volume oilpump
new double valve spring kit
new valve stem seals
new front and rear main seals
new sump gasket
new front and rear cover gaskets
new factory headbolts

for a cost of $3300.... too cheap? concerningly cheap? or about right for the work? If this is about the normal then it looks like i'll be getting a freshened motor and WSM tune!

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
How much does a reputable shop with a proven track record want for the same work? Cam pack & tune usually runs $3000-$3500.
I’d consult with WSM or Hi-Torque Performance.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
I would personally stay away. The Facebook page is from 2016 and no Google reviews.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If they were good at what they do, and were buying in the parts from the US they could do the work for that price but with a try hard name like that I wouldn't want to be the first in the line to test them out.
You don't want to have to do this job twice.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I thought this post was seeking advice on how to air-condition a workshop. Derr.....

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I would personally stay away. The Facebook page is from 2016 and no Google reviews.

this has nothing to do with the quality of a business.

Price is enough to make me wary tho.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah i was with Caliber. I was going to suggest a wirly bird roof vent....:oops::oops:

LSbally

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ss ute
Yeah i was with Caliber. I was going to suggest a wirly bird roof vent....:oops::oops:
hahaha! yeah my bad, should have been a bit of a better title.

Since posting, i have spoken to WSM. It would appear that one of the lads who started/founded/mechanic is doing the work on his own now. WSM give this lad a good rap and do a lot of tuning from his engine builds. They're going to call back and talk more in depth with me about their cam options for what i am chasing but after the initial call it would appear that this isn't a dodgy backyarder/in-experienced bloke just having a crack.

I'll keep the thread updated as the information roles in.

Forest gump

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve ss 6 lt auto
hahaha! yeah my bad, should have been a bit of a better title.

Since posting, i have spoken to WSM. It would appear that one of the lads who started/founded/mechanic is doing the work on his own now. WSM give this lad a good rap and do a lot of tuning from his engine builds. They're going to call back and talk more in depth with me about their cam options for what i am chasing but after the initial call it would appear that this isn't a dodgy backyarder/in-experienced bloke just having a crack.

I'll keep the thread updated as the information roles in.
Did you end up using roasting garage? How was quality and end result looking at using them also ?

LSbally

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ss ute
Did you end up using roasting garage? How was quality and end result looking at using them also ?
I ended up goimg with Gearheadz street cars on the sunny coast. How ever I've been following Roasted since and would have no issues going to them.