Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rocker cover leak

morrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 06
hi my car is a 2006 ve sv6.. alloytec 3.6L
ive got a leak on around the front spark plug on the right hand side i was wondering if any one would be able to help me out and tell me if theres a o'ring or somthing around the base of the spark plug hole in the rockercover or any ideas?
cheers

peterrobo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Calais 190kw
The rocker covers have a formed gasket around the perimeter (silicone rubber compound by the looks of it) AND three of what is called in the service manual "Camshaft Cover Spark Plug Port Seal". Obviously these spark plug port seals are compressed by the camshaft covers when they are installed so that an oil tight seal is obtained normally.

morrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 06
smoke out of the exhaust?? if so yeah a little bit not a whole lot tho.. yeah sorry mate i ment around the out side around the coil.. okay then thanks ive got a rocker cover gaskit coming tomorrow and ive already got the airintake manifold gaskit to.. have u had this problem or?

morrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 06
so ur sayin my problem isnt the rocker cover gaskit its a seperate seal arond the spark plug peterrobo?

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
nah my mate did simple fix even the spark plug seals that keep oil out of that spark plug shaft failed so just needed replacing when i got the valve cover gasket kit not hard nah man just under the hood i meant? your exhaust will just be a little smoke from normal condensation or something id assume

morrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 06
ohk then mate nar i didnt notice it smokin under the bonnet thanks heaps for ur help ill see how i go tomorrow with it
cheers