Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rocker covers and brake master cylinder

Dadsvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
Hi,I've take over my dad's vk project and I noted that he didn't or couldn't fit the rocker cover between the block and brake master cylinder;is this a normal issue with an easy fix or do I need to change the cylinder to a different model one,originally it was in a vh and all we did is lift the body off the engine and slide it under the vk and bolted the sub frame back up,so I shouldn't have any other major problems I hope,thanks of any feed back

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
they are pretty close to each other, and are a pain to get on, but they should be doable. are they higher rockers to allow rollers? are the engine mounts ok? is the block sitting where it should be?

there should be no reason to change the booster. unless youre using aftermarket rockers and youre dead set on keeping them.

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
I had the same problem, but mine was due to the VT/VS brake upgrade I completed. The VS booster is bigger in diameter hence when fitting the alloy or taller covers they foul. Std pressed steel ones fit without issue.

Dadsvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
Thanks guys I'll just try to jam them on,there the chome ones with the 308 stamped into them there pretty common but are they classed as after market??

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
.. just pull the engine mount thru bolt
and jack up the driver's side of the engine about an inch.. or maybe two
this tilts the cover away from the booster.. problem gone :)

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
An alternative would be to use the double diaphragm type. They are longer but less in diameter.