Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rockers insulation

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Hi, I bought a set of MACE 1:9:1 rockers. I have been searching all over these forums and other forums to find the proper insulation instructions, I read some guy has to keep adjusting his nearly every now and then because they start tapping. (Pretty sure they were not MACE ones)

Closest I have found to any information is this:

How to Adjust Chevy Roller Rockers | eHow.com

You do this with the motor running?

I understand it could be totally diffrent, as I have also read just put them on and tighten to 15nm and away you go.

Is there any adjusting or do I just put them on, tighten to correct specs and they are good to go?

Also is a new timing chain recommended? From what I have read through my searches it adds extra wear on the timing chain and they usually need to be replaced at 150,000km anyway?

Sorry lots of questions but thanks for the help.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
On adjustable rocker arms, you may need to adjust them every so often. But the ones in the Ecotec, are non-adjustable, so you just bolt them down and away you go. If you like, or if your worried, you can always check the rocker bolts again for correct tightness a few days after installation, just to make sure everything is perfect.

And I think its about 15nm and an extra 90 degrees(?), Steve can tell you.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Hey mate i have a Install guide on my comp ill pm it to you

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Pretty simple, just how I thought it would be to start with but when I started looking in to it to double check I found out too much information I didn't need to know :p

Looks like Ill just need a torque wrench and I'm good to go.