Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rockers not fitting after cam?

MACE

Reaction score
Why would you put longer pushrods in? Is there a benefit. I would have thought that a longer pushrod to the extent of not letting the rocker bolt down on a bigger cam wouldn't let the valve fully close on a standard cam. Maybe i'm missing something like the action of the hydraulic lifters.

There is a benefit of installing longer pushrods, to a certain extent, as it can increase lifter crush increasing the effective lift at the valve and also to quieten down lazy/noisy lifter.

Going too long though and it will cause the hydraulic lifter to act as a solid and even longer also keeps the valves open all of the time.

The base circle diameter of the cam we supplied is the same as the factory cam so longer pushrod's weren't required to correct any rocker geometry.

From my understanding the other pushrod set was used as one of his factory pushrods was slightly bent (?)

MACE

Reaction score
Ah one_and_only2004, beat me to the answer :p

I still think it will be right once you put the right rods in. If it was a 4 valve per cylinder head then i would really be worried, as the valve angle relative to the cylinder can cause them to bend easily

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
When I had my engine rebuilt I discovered I needed shorter pushrods, but I had the block decked and the heads shaved so it was a fair bit off. Did you get the heads or block shaved?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
good to hear keep us posted after tune good luck

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If you don't mind post up or PM me the cost of the dyno tune as I need to take my car back to Chiptorque to get a retune. But yeah post up the dyno sheet when you have it.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I just take a picture with my phone since I don't have a scanner.