Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rockers upgrade

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I'm not talking about N/A engine... I'm talking about carby engine.

Cooler air is better, period. The external factor that affects the situation in the case of a carby engine is the ideal temperature that fuel vaporises. But you want to keep that air as cool as possible without compromising the fuels ability to do so.

If I had a carby engine, running at a intake temp as cool as possible but allowing fuel to vaporise as effectively as possible, I would get more HP than if I increase the air temp from that ideal point.

Therefore, your statement of "Hot air actually makes more power as fuel vaporizes better & its easier to ignite " is incorrect on principal.

Cool air actually makes more power but has the limiting factor of fuel vaporization. :)

And warm air isn't a problem problem in a turbo? Really? So people get intercoolers just for laughs? Dyno's and 1/4 results have some bias towards giving F/I cars with intercoolers better results than non-intercooled cars?

You're jumbling topics mate.

This still going? What was this thread about again? :confused:

There is no point arguing this anymore because people are not willing to articulate the specific circumstances in which their arguments are a valid.

In a cold environment a warm air intake might work best while in a warm environment a cold air intake will work best.

In both environments the ideal intake air temp is the same assuming that in both cases we say humidity is a constant.

The ideal intake air temp is as cool as you can get it without compromising the fuels vaporising and atomising. Thus the limiting factor for how cool you can go with the air entering the cylinders is the fuels ability to do its thing and assuming humidity is a constant.

That's the last thing I'm going to say on this topic because the arguments is getting pointless and is getting completely irrelevant to the thread topic.

Sent from my HTC Magic

Sounds very different to that other post you made!

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux Ute - Vs Ecotech Engine
Hi did you miss me..??? You all finished fighting now ??? Would you all Like to learn something today ???

Put away your keyboards - stop typing & have a look at this site - Hot air does make more power !! especially take note in one page about "direct hits" see if you can find it - as this is one thing that has not taken off in Australia as yet - but its big in the states - I will tell you more about it later...

Negative Pressure Supercharging is a highly advanced Thermo Fluid Dynamic Process that makes the engine supercharge itself from the inside and it uses NO air pump.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
This still going? What was this thread about again? :confused:

There is no point arguing this anymore because people are not willing to articulate the specific circumstances in which their arguments are a valid.

In a cold environment a warm air intake might work best while in a warm environment a cold air intake will work best.

In both environments the ideal intake air temp is the same assuming that in both cases we say humidity is a constant.

The ideal intake air temp is as cool as you can get it without compromising the fuels vaporising and atomising. Thus the limiting factor for how cool you can go with the air entering the cylinders is the fuels ability to do its thing and assuming humidity is a constant.

That's the last thing I'm going to say on this topic because the arguments is getting pointless and is getting completely irrelevant to the thread topic.

Sent from my HTC Magic

mate theres no point even if you did have proof,apparently hot air makes more power than cold,you cant tell em otherwise,says it all.Karlos even posted up that he had done dyno work,and the hotter the intake air,the less power was made,but these guys will still argue about it and probably say the dyno was broken or that theyve all done dyno work also,and that they proved the opposite.

Last edited:

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Hi did you miss me..??? You all finished fighting now ??? Would you all Like to learn something today ???

Put away your keyboards - stop typing & have a look at this site - Hot air does make more power !! especially take note in one page about "direct hits" see if you can find it - as this is one thing that has not taken off in Australia as yet - but its big in the states - I will tell you more about it later...

Negative Pressure Supercharging is a highly advanced Thermo Fluid Dynamic Process that makes the engine supercharge itself from the inside and it uses NO air pump.

Start another thread on the topic,keep it out of this one as we have all killed it.This is a rockers thread.

Last edited:

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have a look anyway - interesting stuff & it turns conventional thinking on its head....

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Lets close it off and someone can start another one on cold air and carby's if they choose to!

Last edited:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Have a look anyway - interesting stuff & it turns conventional thinking on its head....

Yeah,its certainly different.It would be interesting to read some actual tests etc on the system.Have you found any more info about it anywhere else?

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
No - nothing at all - but its certainly adding up to a performance product if what they say is true - did you find the "Direct Hits" ?? It was the predecessor to the Pulstar spark plug - the direct hits go between your plugs & ignition leads - absolutely awesome for gas - vs is well known for backfire & I have had two coils fail so far & it just fired until the coil just died & stopped working. Fixed all my problems with LPG on all cars - got much better fuel economy & better power by far....

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
omfg....this is a lolz....'grabs popcorn'