Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rockford amp and active sub

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Hey guys

I've used Rockford a number of times but this time I'm interested to do the install myself.

Setup in car at present is Rockford T16 splits in front and p165 in rear doors. I was told I wouldn't get true performance from splits until amped. I also wanted to add a sub

I have bought a Rockford P300-10 active sub. Personal preference. I was told to simply tap into rear door wires for signal.

The car obviously has a deck with no rca's. I have bought a p400x4 to run front and rear speakers. My understanding is I don't need an LOC because the the P400 is high level capable. I intended to cut loom close to deck and connect two RFIF2SW connectors to loom side and then RCA's to amp. Then with cut end (or speaker end) I was going to connect these wires to a 9 core and run that to the amp. I'm pretty sure my research is right and this works but my question is in regards to the P300-10. If I do what I suggest, the P300 is going to have an amplified signal because of the way I have connected the speakers. Is this ok for the p300 to have an amplified signal

I hope that makes sense and I appreciate any help