Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rodeo problems..

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
About a month ago.. my engine light came on driving home from work.. when i got home i diconnected the battery, let it sit then reconnected, turned it on and the light was gone.. this morning sitting at the lights it came on again, i slowing moved off and when i 1st applied pressure to the accelerator the revs droped about 450-500 rpm, does it in neutral and park to then goes back up to normal...
WTF is going on!!!
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT 2x4 V6 3.5l Petrol

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Go to the holden dealer, get them to plug the Tech2 into it and find out what error codes its throwing up.... Dont ignor warning lights on the dash, never leads anywhere good...

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
As above.
Glad mine is the older model. Few guys having dramas with those.

HoldrodeoLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Managed to solve the problem, i read on another car forum about this same problem. one guy said "try opening the fuel cap and put it back on". I tried this and a HUGE gush of this air/vapor/gas (what ever it was) came rushing out for about 5 secs.. then sure enough the light went off.... Please explain haha?!? Whats the fuel tank got to do with the engine managment system.?..

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Managed to solve the problem, i read on another car forum about this same problem. one guy said "try opening the fuel cap and put it back on". I tried this and a HUGE gush of this air/vapor/gas (what ever it was) came rushing out for about 5 secs.. then sure enough the light went off.... Please explain haha?!? Whats the fuel tank got to do with the engine managment system.?..

excessive pressure in the charocoal canister purge im thinking,

hence the idle dropping low, too much air too little fuel

just a tip, if you have warrenty on the car, pay very close attention to oil consumption, if it hasnt had the engine fixed up under new car warranty with oil burning issues, you could be up for bigish $$

HoldrodeoLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok, problem seems to be still happening first intial push on the accelerator is almost stalling the engine.. last weekend i took the intake pipe off and noticed the bottom of the round plastic pipe on the intake manifold end had folded in on its self and melted that way resulting with a non perfect seal to the manifold.. i also noticed dirt/grime on the bottom of the butterfly, in-line with where it wasnt sealing correctly.. now i want to get to the MAF sensor (the little wires) to clean it... but couldnt seem to find it.. does this sound like it could be my problem.. i really hope it is, any part for this car costs and arm and a leg.

Cheers,

HoldrodeoLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok things seem to be getting worse now.. last night i took the MAF out and cleaned it with MAF cleaner, put it all back in. But now its hitting up gears really hard ( its auto) and going into reverse hard to and has lost about 50% of power... what have i done?? :(

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Same as before, take it to the dealer or a mechanic, enigne warning lights are never a good sign....

HoldrodeoLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
What happens if i unplug the MAF sensor?

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
You'll Probably **** it up more than you did before.... Stop playing with it and give it to someone who knows what they are doing, its cheaper to give it to them now than when you have put a rod through the block or something...