Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rods 97 Berlina SII

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
Bought this off a workmate for $800 unreg after he put it up a gutter :( (p/s rack shattered)had to fix a few minor things to get it on the road IE: Hazard light switch, air bag steering wheel centre (horn worn through)and the brakes were shot.

My 1997 VS Berlina Series 2

Odometer - 263,000

Colour - Masai Mica

Engine&Engine Mods - Ecotec V6, SS OTR CAI, 69MM throttle body,

Gearbox - factory 4spd auto, stage 2 shift kitted

Diff - Standard 3:08 live axle

Suspension - Pedders HD lowered front struts& rear shocks,super low King Springs all round, Curved link pin kit, all nolathane rubbers front&rear

Exhaust - geenie heat coated blue tune length extractors 2 1/2 inch single system, high flow muffler, hi-flow cat, chrome twin tip

Wheels - 18 Inch RJR- Fate, kenda- Kaiser 235's,custom Holden center caps

Interior - Standard Berlina interior, all electrics pwr windows/mirrors,dark tint, cruise control, climate control

Tunes - kenwood MP3 head unit (needs upgrade) Pioneer 300 wt 80RMS splitters in front, MTX 6x9 4-way 300 wt 65 RMS on the parcel shelf, MTX Thunder amp powering MTX 12 inch 400 wt sub in custom space saving boot box, Kenwood 4ch 750wt powering front&rears

Future Mods: Plenum spacer and manfold insulater, cam & headwork, port match and polish,to suit turbo 10-15 psi, rollers, oversize injectors, manual conversion, body kit& paint original colour,

open to tips and suggetions :Ds

Last edited:

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
here she is :)

Attachments

• Berlina11.JPG
    Berlina11.JPG
    337.8 KB · Views: 462
  • Berlina13.JPG
    Berlina13.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 547

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Looks pretty good mate , the wheels suit it well . going to lower it anytime soon? . ANd that engine bay looks smicko nice and clean :p

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea was happy with the wheels, good buy, i want to lower it more (its already lowered) but i barely get in the horrific driveway i have atm, maybe when i move i might lower it(depending on the driveway) and the engine bay i like to keep clean, helps when things spring a leak and makes it easier to source the problem. she gets washed once a week and polished every 3 months.paint is very sunbaked so im lookin for a respray soon and i love the current colour....def one of the nicest reds out there, contemplating a body kit too but i really dont want to lose the chrome moulding in the bumpers

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok ive decided to get an SS kit, the driving lights-front&rear bumper lips-side skirts and boot spoiler. also want to ditch the gay altezzas in exchange for the clear altezza to try and match the boot garnish. still not sure if i want to paint it or not(the garnish that is)..... trying to piece this together before the respray in mid march. so if anyone has these altezza clear style lights(not the ones i already have) and any SS kit pieces lying around let me know. also i want the clear brake light(is it LED?) that goes in the rear wing. any help would be greatly appreciated...feel free to comment or post your own ideas :)

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks elmaso! that rear lip looks way more classy than a spoiler :) i like the original tail lights but the red (brake light) fades here in Queensland, so i was thinking to avoid that just buy the ones professionally faded...i might get both and swap em around a bit after the kit goes on to see which set suits it better. i also want to color code the door handles and the replacement drivers mirror.

i can get the bezels for the bumper from holden for $21 each and the fog lamps fully assembled with mount glass bulb and wiring and all for $60 each, thats what you mean right? your not referring to the clubsport front bar are ya?

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah mate! thats the look im after :) except with the front lip also, but i want to keep the chrome berlina strip in the front bar so i will buy the bezels and lamps as well as the lip for the original bar i think.
i kinda like the colour and finish of the rear garnish hence i want to get the clear tail lights and nightshade em up to match, and i try not to look at lexans :p

Edit today i actually had a good look at a LEXCEN, they are fugly as...looks like a camry from the front and whats with those tail lights? ewww

Last edited: