Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rolla_Rolla'

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
might as well drop an envil in the front of it, itll never go round corners again

That would be an excellent idea wouldn't it? :hmmm:

Might as well drop an Anvil on you.

At least with a V6 in it, it would go "in a straight line." With an 'Anvil' it wouldn't move unless you pushed it.

And, I think you'd be suprised.

Ohh and FYI, I used those 'smilies' for a reason; As I was in shock that a V6 would actually fit in one.

Rolla_Rolla'

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ke30 Rolla'
Haha, aww, let down :p

Got your mind on something? (particular type)

Apparently you can fit a V6 in them?! :eek: :D

I do want an SR or a CA now. But just some people want to much for something that its not worth ! :\

In reality, you can fit anything, in anything haha. With enough hammer work... :D

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
two google results later:
Toyo Spares: citysearch

EXPLANATION
Example. The ever popular 4AGE engine.

Early bare 86kw 4AGE engine $495 change over.

Same engine no change over, $750 outright.

Same engine with all required components to run $1450 (map, throttle position, water, cold start, air sensors, wiring loom usually cut just behind motor, computer, high pressure fuel pump, wiring diagram, flywheel, clutch, manifolds including exhaust flange, water accessories, alternator and brackets and engine mounts).

Same engine again for $1950 but this time completely hooked up and running on the ground on the electrics etc you get before the money hits the sales counter.

For the 100kw version, add $500 across the above prices.

For the 20 valve add $250 and half cuts are yet another variation, but not always the dearest. Reason being that it takes the longest for me to set up and engine properly on the ground, whereas it only takes five minutes to plug in a battery and fuel to show you a half cut running. But of course, there is a lot of work for you to strip out a half cut, of all the parts you won't need.

After deciding on the engine package that best suits you, then you have the gearbox.

And of course there are several different gearboxes that suit the 4AGE engine front and rear drive. The common front wheel drive boxes, being common, we will usually throw in with an engine package, but the rear drive sprinter T5 box will come at an extra cost, basically because it is becoming very difficult to obtain (same old story of supply and demand).

As you can see, with so many possibilities just matching prices is really meaningless. You need to ask yourself:

What exactly do I get for my money?
Are all the parts I need really there?
Will you test and start the motor before I buy?
What about back-up service if I do have problems or queries?

Click here to email us, before you buy a TOYOTA performance or standard, and compare with what we can offer.

:D

whats your budget?

Rolla_Rolla'

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ke30 Rolla'
How did i miss that ?

Too bad its not in Adelaide haha.
I guess i could get it shipped over here though...

Hmmmm choices. Thanking you ari666 :)

Edit : Probably around 2 - 2.5k With me doing most of the work.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
That would be an excellent idea wouldn't it? :hmmm:

Might as well drop an Anvil on you.

At least with a V6 in it, it would go "in a straight line." With an 'Anvil' it wouldn't move unless you pushed it.

And, I think you'd be suprised.

Ohh and FYI, I used those 'smilies' for a reason; As I was in shock that a V6 would actually fit in one.

no doubt itd go fast in a straight line but a V6 is much heavier then the original motor, the car was designed to have a light engine up front.

i would try to keep the weight as close as possible to that original weight for handling purpose.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Probably around 2 - 2.5k With me doing most of the work.

i would guess you easily land a full front cut S13 for that. the cars themselves are only 100,000yen in japan. landing a AE86 front cut will be hard for that price cos the cars are popular. and the suckfull part is that they are the last of the AGE's to come north/south, all the other engines are fitted east/west

gotta eat dinner now, but will look around a bit more after.