Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roller lifter question. Not your general lifter question.

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Hey guys iv been doing some research on lifters as i suspect mine are rooted. Im hoping its the lifters anyways, but im 99% sure it is.

The question i have is that Nason has them (RHT2148). After doing some research i came across someone claiming they also use these lifters in the 302, 305, 307, 327, 350 chevs, ls1's.

After going off that i found a set of 16 for $92.. Before i go ahead and buy them i just want to make sure that infact, lets say the 302 roller lifters, will fit in the V6 ecotec.

If i can get comfirmations on this it would be much appreciated.

Cheers guys.

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
Trust the part numbers and manufacturers specs.

Many engines use the 842 lifters.

A CompCams catalog will confirm your cross fitment suspiscions.

adept

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Executive & 99 VT XU8
^^ spot on (for the 3rd time this sign in)

--- if in doubt, consult the engine rebuild book for the ecotec (i dont know the name, but i know you can swipe one from your local TAFE.... erhemmm, i mean - borrow)

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
I have the Holden workshop manual on CD, no part numbers for the lifters. The RHT part number quoted is a Nason part number, an aftermarket replacment.

As i didnt want to pay $216 for a set of lifters for the VS i set out to find them cheaper thats when i discovered that many other engines use those as a aftermarket replacment.

Once again i went looking and found a set of 18 OEM roller lifters for a 302 for $92 delivered.

Thats when i jumped onto here to try and sus it out as thats a huge saving.

Cheers for your help guys.