Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roller lifters..

simmyz1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III V8 UTE
wondering if anyone can tell me what sort of lifters i have in my vs ser iii v8 99 auto ute, i'm hearing people talk about "roller cams and lifters", has this motor got only roller lifters?, major ticking started when towing my trailer today and pulled rocker cover off lh bank and pulled rocker gear off no. 2 and found scoring around push rod on lifter end and there was way too much play when bolted up, so it looks like i am in need of a set of lifters but am unsure as what type or brand is the best.. should i do some more while the inlet is off?..dunno, need the ute for work early next week so need it back on the road asap... just got rid of my problem 253 tunna and this happens to me...:bang::cry:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
wondering if anyone can tell me what sort of lifters i have in my vs ser iii v8 99 auto ute, i'm hearing people talk about "roller cams and lifters", has this motor got only roller lifters?, major ticking started when towing my trailer today and pulled rocker cover off lh bank and pulled rocker gear off no. 2 and found scoring around push rod on lifter end and there was way too much play when bolted up, so it looks like i am in need of a set of lifters but am unsure as what type or brand is the best.. should i do some more while the inlet is off?..dunno, need the ute for work early next week so need it back on the road asap... just got rid of my problem 253 tunna and this happens to me...:bang::cry:

get some YellaTerra high ratio roller rockers ;)

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
i'd say just go with new standard lifters and replace pushrods too. personally i wouldn't go with high end gear unless the engine's being fully rebuilt

anything else you do while it's in pieces is entirely your call

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
YT only do the standard ratio (1.65:1)roller rockers forthe holden V8:cry: you could go for the full roller rockers or just standard replacement ones. unless it's a performance job and you wanna rev it i'd say the stock replacment ones will do fine.

the s3 VS ute should be the 179kw holden V8 which has a roller cam/lifters.

sounds like a lack of oil geting up to the heads