Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

roller rockers help.

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
hey guys,

did a quick search but didnt really find much, ive got a set of YT 1.8 rockers and started installing them today, got a few qs for people that have done it before. might make me look stupid, but id rather find out for sure than something bite me in the ass!.

now,

q1) the yella terra steel plates they supply with the kit, do i need to use this? im assuming the plate goes on, then this small spacer with the bolt down the middle, but i notice in the drawing that them spacers are used on the adjustable types.? so i dont need this??, also. to put the plate on, all 6 rockers on that bank must be off at the same time, whereas the instructions ask u to do the rockers one cylinder at a time with the piston in TDC and continue in the correct firing order. so for me to fit this plate anyway id be going against the instructions?.

so atm i have just removed cylinder ones rockers, and sat the YTs on there and threaded the bolt in but have not torqued. should i be using a spacer between the cast for the bolt thread in the head, and the actual rocker itself, as the thread is visible and seems odd to me? but i could just be wrong. havnt really seen them before.

if anyone has any pictures of fully installed rockers it might help a little bit.

and if anyone has any tips let me know!.

cheers in advance.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
hey guys,

did a quick search but didnt really find much, ive got a set of YT 1.8 rockers and started installing them today, got a few qs for people that have done it before. might make me look stupid, but id rather find out for sure than something bite me in the ass!.

now,

q1) the yella terra steel plates they supply with the kit, do i need to use this? im assuming the plate goes on, then this small spacer with the bolt down the middle, but i notice in the drawing that them spacers are used on the adjustable types.? so i dont need this??, also. to put the plate on, all 6 rockers on that bank must be off at the same time, whereas the instructions ask u to do the rockers one cylinder at a time with the piston in TDC and continue in the correct firing order. so for me to fit this plate anyway id be going against the instructions?.

so atm i have just removed cylinder ones rockers, and sat the YTs on there and threaded the bolt in but have not torqued. should i be using a spacer between the cast for the bolt thread in the head, and the actual rocker itself, as the thread is visible and seems odd to me? but i could just be wrong. havnt really seen them before.

if anyone has any pictures of fully installed rockers it might help a little bit.

and if anyone has any tips let me know!.

cheers in advance.

Yes, you need to use the steel plates and the spacers between the rockers & pedastals. You pull all the rockers off and replace them all with the YT ones but only sit them on loosely THEN you go 1 cylinder at a time in the firing order. Pull the spark plugs out to make it easy to turn over.

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
bingo. :) cleared that up all in one hit. the instructions really wernt that clear thats all. thanks a bunch.

also while i am here, with finding TDC, because the motor isnt runing atm. ive just got all the plugs out and using a bent into shape cable tie to spining the motor over by hand to get as close as i can to it. is this close egnough to actual TDC for the rockers?

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks a bunch. rep left mate :D

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Make sure to hold the rocker tip on centre over the valve stem tip as you torque em up. No biggy but it just makes for good geometry.