Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

roller rockers

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Just did some further digging. Not needed only for VY.

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
its only 1.98s are recommended but u dont have to and they recommend new springs as well (it all comes down to do u care about ur car because if u dont upgrade like everything its going to break and need to be replaced) but if u get 1.91's then ur safe dont need them at all.

And im fairly sure if u buy the MACE ones the 1.98s they come with the rods.

IMO, either a cam or 1.9s in many threads ive read there is hardly any gain between the 1.9 and 1.98 and this way u wont have to worry about ur push rods or springs and cheaper. But if ur going to get 1.98s for an extra 100 or so u could get a cam a chip package which personally id rather get. But all up to you man at the end of the day your money your car your decision.

Last edited:

Braydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx spac s2
if he is that tight to buy anything from the cheapest performance parts for commodores i think he should either scunge up money to buy a V8 or just not get anything done, by the sounds of it he is looking to have a fast car for only 200 dollars and everyone knows thats not going to happen.

Not cheap mate just don't understand why it's more expensive than a v8

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

V8 is about a grand....

Edit: I see what you mean. It's probably cheaper because the amount they make and sell is a lot more.

MACE

Reaction score
its only 1.98s are recommended but u dont have to and they recommend new springs as well (it all comes down to do u care about ur car because if u dont upgrade like everything its going to break and need to be replaced) but if u get 1.91's then ur safe dont need them at all.

And im fairly sure if u buy the yella terra ones the 1.98s they come with the rods.

IMO, either a cam or 1.9s in many threads ive read there is hardly any gain between the 1.9 and 1.98 and this way u wont have to worry about ur push rods or springs and cheaper. But if ur going to get 1.98s for an extra 100 or so u could get a cam a chip package which personally id rather get. But all up to you man at the end of the day your money your car your decision.

From my understanding Yella Terra don't make 1.98:1 rockers for these engines.

It comes down to volume.

if you have a limited budget another item to consider would be our 1.9's or a manifold insulator

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

Braydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx spac s2
Yea cheers Steve, I have the insulator, CAI and some head work! So how do you think the 1:9 rockers will go?

MACE

Reaction score
Yea cheers Steve, I have the insulator, CAI and some head work! So how do you think the 1:9 rockers will go?
They would go quite well, just not as well top end as the 1.98's. I genuinely doubt you won't be happy with them, more so with the mods you have.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Back in the day, the Yella Terra Vs FIT wars, Yella Terra had the better deal with 1.95rr rockers for around $700 including pushrods. FIT made you pay extra $120 + or the pushrods, so worked out around $800 plus.

Mace are the deal , as they have always included pushrods on the ones that need them. 1.9 ratio dont need to change from my understanding ??? All Yella Terra rockers need pushrods changed as the rocker is a different design. I would also change the springs with YT ones. Mace ones do not need spring change.

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
MACE all the way cheap reliable and proven power gains get MACE you wont go wrong

Last edited: