Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Ron Burgundy" 08' VE Omega.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The dealer originally was tryin to fix the problem but the first 2 times miss diagnosed it, then too it for another full day, couldn't fix it. Then ordered a brand new key, took the car for another full day just to get told the mechanic pulled a sickie. Whenever I had the day/time to get it done, there mechanic was off or sick. So I just grabbed the key and just waiting for a day to get it sorted as I have to travel for work. So hard to be without the car sadly.
I can’t understand how a dealer wouldn‘t have this sorted in an hour of diagnosis. They’ve got all the tools to measure fob battery voltage, fob signal strength and same for the vehicle side of the system.

So they should be able to determine the RF side of both the fob and the vehicle are work as intended and all modules are communicating as expected. Such inability doesn’t bode well for any commodore owner if our dealers are so incompetent.

And seriously, do dealers only have one trained mechanic on staff and the rest are just monkeys?

This sort of stuff gives me the shits :mad:

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
I can’t understand how a dealer wouldn‘t have this sorted in an hour of diagnosis. They’ve got all the tools to measure fob battery voltage, fob signal strength and same for the vehicle side of the system.

So they should be able to determine the RF side of both the fob and the vehicle are work as intended and all modules are communicating as expected. Such inability doesn’t bode well for any commodore owner if our dealers are so incompetent.

And seriously, do dealers only have one trained mechanic on staff and the rest are just monkeys?

This sort of stuff gives me the shits :mad:
They only had one mechanic in general. was BS honestly. That's why I just told them I'll grab my new Fob and get it sorted elsewhere when I get the time

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Water always goes down the inside of the door regardless of if the trims are new or not. The important bit is the door drain holes being clear and the plastic sheeting behind the door cards not having any holes or gaps in the sealant.

The only difference for VE trims AFAIK is chrome or black.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Water always goes down the inside of the door regardless of if the trims are new or not. The important bit is the door drain holes being clear and the plastic sheeting behind the door cards not having any holes or gaps in the sealant.

The only difference for VE trims AFAIK is chrome or black.
Wasn't even aware of the door drain holes, I'll have to have a look and make sure they're clean. I'm only replacing them as the rubbers that sit against the window itself have torn off and left a gap where the trim should be.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
I paid a bit extra for the Mackay ones as they are a decent brand. Being a non critical item going for the cheaper option isn’t a problem as even if they fail early they won’t leave you stranded by the side of the road.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1636720...hxbo5rcsxq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Found some nolethane ones for $113 a pair, might look down that way and I know they're decent.

Just got a new code, P2197. I'm guessing possibly O2 sensors?

Attachments

• P2179.jpg
    P2179.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 43

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride