Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Ron Burgundy" 08' VE Omega.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
New belt trims came today to replace the old ones that were cracked and missing. Just one dilemma that hopefully someone can help me with.

Having trouble with the rear doors trims, the front half sits in nice enough, but the back end just don’t want to sit. Can anyone shed some light or tell me what I’m doing wrong. Cheers.
301DD25F-11E7-4EA1-9C7A-CB0B5DEBB50A.jpeg
DD9FCBCA-911C-40F3-B32B-F186230654A1.jpeg
5AABE63F-704D-4C7E-A9C2-5AFC7DA8F6C3.jpeg

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
New belt trims came today to replace the old ones that were cracked and missing. Just one dilemma that hopefully someone can help me with.

Having trouble with the rear doors trims, the front half sits in nice enough, but the back end just don’t want to sit. Can anyone shed some light or tell me what I’m doing wrong. Cheers.View attachment 241056

View attachment 241057
Roll the window down & try again.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
After looking at what this scanner is capable of in comparison to my cheap foxwell (which does the basics, can't complain) I am highly considering purchasing a Vident i400 Scan tool.

Has anyone here had any experience or know of anyone that has used one and if it's worth it? for the price, seems pretty dam good.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Found some nolethane ones for $113 a pair, might look down that way and I know they're decent.

Just got a new code, P2197. I'm guessing possibly O2 sensors?
Could be that the sensor is reading that the fuel mix is too lean off idle.

Codes don’t tell you what is broken. They tell you were to start investigating.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
After looking at what this scanner is capable of in comparison to my cheap foxwell (which does the basics, can't complain) I am highly considering purchasing a Vident i400 Scan tool.

Has anyone here had any experience or know of anyone that has used one and if it's worth it? for the price, seems pretty dam good.
Buy a Tech2

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just had my car on the hoist at Rapid tune to suss out the rear shocks (left rear has had it, so getting the rears replaced next tuesday). But while we were assessing the shocks, we noticed the mid section of the exhaust installed has lugs coming off each pipe but no rubbers to secure them, so essentially just a hanging mid section. Also may be an aftermarket exhaust I have been told, not my doing, bought as is. In saying that, does the series 2 exhausts or SS exhaust have lugs on there mid section that have holders? if someone can shed some light.

Also a quick one on that, If who has read through this thread will know I have a vibration/shutter/grind noise coming from under the shifter. Could this mid section not being supported be the cause? I will find out when it's done. but here's hoping!

Will be getting holders welded on after the shocks are done and good.

Hope I made sense of all that :)

Reactions: Lex