Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roof cloth is hanging...

PorkoWog

Reaction score
Website
www.turt.me
Members Ride
VY Berlina
I am guessing that the foam gives it that little extra 'good looks' as well as a smoother feel. I'd prefer having it, but if you can't be stuffed then that's all good as well.

I am losing my license for 1-3 years, so I'll have lots of time stuff up the roof lining job...

KiWi1

11.00@126 Miss dat ****
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dead 11sec VX SS, Defected VP Ute
I took mine out of my VG Ute cause completely came off, now ive lost the whole roof lining. Need to get one, as Mr Plod, canaried me. Not just for the roof lining.

Anyone know a good place in Melbourne

Simon

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
I am guessing that the foam gives it that little extra 'good looks' as well as a smoother feel. I'd prefer having it, but if you can't be stuffed then that's all good as well.

I am losing my license for 1-3 years, so I'll have lots of time stuff up the roof lining job...

Please do tell how you lost your licence cause usually its 6 months not 1-3 years :whistling

2khamisj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Its good to keep that 3mm foam as it provides a sungger fit to all the pillars and plastic trim once in the car. It can be picked up at any local spotlight for cheap. If you manage to remove the lining without damaging it, remove the material, brush off all the foam from both the cloth and the backing and then adhere the foam to the cloth, and then once that has set the cloth/foam to the backing. A good glue to use can be found at any local bunnings "Selleys kiwkgrip". Although seemingly thick, it can be thinned out with thinners enough to flow nicely to brush, roll or spray on. Leave for 5 mins until it becomes tacky until you proceed to stick pieces together

MizzVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Impreza MY05 WRX STi
My boyfriend and I replaced mine over the weekend.
Just follow the tutorial. It was easy as. And cheap.
Material: $15 from Spotlight
Foam: $23.90 from Clark Rubber
Spray On Adhesive: $14.50 from Bunnings.
Stapler and lots of stapels: $7.00 from Newsagency
Cost roughly $60 all up and around 4 hours work I guess. (We got interupted a lot so not too sure on the time frame)

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
My boyfriend and I replaced mine over the weekend.
Just follow the tutorial. It was easy as. And cheap.
Material: $15 from Spotlight
Foam: $23.90 from Clark Rubber
Spray On Adhesive: $14.50 from Bunnings.
Stapler and lots of stapels: $7.00 from Newsagency
Cost roughly $60 all up and around 4 hours work I guess. (We got interupted a lot so not too sure on the time frame)

Great review, but your missing the important before and after pics :whistling

MizzVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Impreza MY05 WRX STi
pics are coming soon! well.. during and after pics are.
haven't had time to screw the handles back on yet so gonna take pics once they're done..
the before pics would have been way too painful haha. i couldn't see out the back window coz it was sagging that bad.

coights VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute s2
Matt (jokerflingo)
I noticed by your listed details that you are in Adelaide.
If you want to try Motor Traders you may be lucky enough to pick up a new roof liner for your ute.
I was in Adelaide last year and had stopped past a wrecker who put me on to them and they had about 3 in stock, less 1 that I bought so they may have one or two still there. By memory the price was under $150 and that was new in box.
It would be interesting to see if they still had stock.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Matt (jokerflingo)
I noticed by your listed details that you are in Adelaide.
If you want to try Motor Traders you may be lucky enough to pick up a new roof liner for your ute.
I was in Adelaide last year and had stopped past a wrecker who put me on to them and they had about 3 in stock, less 1 that I bought so they may have one or two still there. By memory the price was under $150 and that was new in box.
It would be interesting to see if they still had stock.

Any more details of this place by chance? :thumbsup: