Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roof leak

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Id remove that seatbelt trim and pour some water on the roof while someone sat inside and checked to see where its coming in.
Definitely looks to be coming from behind that plastic trim.
Looks nasty.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
I had a similar problem with my old VZ ute and it turned out the roof seam had cracked and that’s how the water was getting in.

As @Milo 6.0 said pull off the plastic’s around the area and get some one with a hose with you inside.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The roof trim comes off easy enough if that has to come off.

Maybe its as simple as the door seal not seated so well and the its wicking through the head lining?

Those water stains won't clean away, so once the source of the leak is identified, you'll need the roof retrimmed.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
My roof leaked where the grommet is for the high mounted brake light. It was fixed under warranty when it was 2 years old. Resealed and a new roof lining. I don't know if warranty will still cover it now, but I believe it was a common problem with the utes.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Just out of curiosity, how long did it last after the warranty repair?

If it’s a common problem, I’d also say it’s a design defect ;) Either way, I’d be pushing for Holden to fix it on their dime as it simply shouldn’t leak...

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
My wagon had leaked somewhere around the rear half of the roof and left a mild stain on the roof lining a couple of years back. From memory the roof rails were siliconed on both sides when it was getting painted and hasn't leaked since. Panel beaters said it's common when factory roof racks are used. I'd never used racks.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It was repaired in 2016. Has not leaked since. They had it for a couple of days as the sealant they used had to cure ??
Ok, i read your post as if you had a recent leak and not sure if warranty would now cover it. Now i understand you directed your last comment towards the OP :)

Cheers.

CJNewbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore SV6 Z-Series VE II MY12.5
Ok, i read your post as if you had a recent leak and not sure if warranty would now cover it. Now i understand you directed your last comment towards the OP :)

Cheers.

Hi, I'm trying to get Holden to fix this, it's out of warranty and I'm the second owner, but I don't think a 8 year old ute should be leaking badly through the ceiling (looks like the original pic above). Apparently it was rejected on the grounds that the drip seals have "reasonable wear and tear"! I have a 2008 Holden that's never leaked. Not reasonable. Anyone had any luck getting Holden to honour out of warranty? Thanks!!