Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roof leak

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Australian Consumer Law

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hi, I'm trying to get Holden to fix this, it's out of warranty and I'm the second owner, but I don't think a 8 year old ute should be leaking badly through the ceiling (looks like the original pic above). Apparently it was rejected on the grounds that the drip seals have "reasonable wear and tear"! I have a 2008 Holden that's never leaked. Not reasonable. Anyone had any luck getting Holden to honour out of warranty? Thanks!!

Being the second owner will make it difficult to challenge them under acl.

Look at your options around second hand vehicles but it may end up being something you will have to pay for.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Being the second owner will make it difficult to challenge them under acl.
More an answer to @CJNewbie but ACL still applies for used items if bought from a business.
As such a business is still responsible for product defects and durability even on used items :D
Seller could always document any known defects via a note attached to the contract and then they'd be off the hook for those defects ACL wise ;)

But if these is no such defects list, then they have to fix any defects and
A leaking roof is a defect and wouldn't occur if the vehicle was durable, so they have to fix it :p
The duration of the ACL statutory warranty isn't defined :cool:
A dealer would probably quote the Staturory Used Car Warranty which usually has a 3 months few thousand kms duration but SUCW doesnt trump ACL :cool:

How hard is it to get dealers to meet their responsabilities? Well most will do whatever they can to get out of fixing anything as they have a reputation to uphold (insert used car dealer joke :eek:) Luckily ACL is your friend as are consumer groups who will advise you how to proceed. But its for you to hold the dealer to acount :confused: If only life were simpler and everybody lived up to their obligations :cool:

Oh, If it was bought privately, or at public auction, you have no ACL recourse.