Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roof lining fallen down

states94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
My roof lining has dropped, Has anyone tried to glue it back in with spray on contact glue, I was going to try it, If it doesn't work then It will need to be replaced anyway.?????
A local motor trimmer told me that the cloth has to be replaced and the board removed from car to do this.
I know that a standard commodore board will come out through the drivers door but will a statesman board fit throuhg door given the extra length?

Cheers

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
lol i just did mine b4 the charity cruise on the w/e yeah best tip i can give you bunnings spray adhesives dont work

i dont know about cheaper ones but theres a $20 one from kmart we used worked more than a treat set like concrete with none of the weight

now it looks PIMP :p ill post pics when i get some
yeah should have no pbz fixing it or getting it out but when you are replacing it i dont know if the same foam ws used in the exec to the stateo but brush it all off to get a smmth copntact surface otherwise your new one will fall too
(orange sticky foam) if its the same stuff just blush it all off till the head board is smooth and a lil sticky

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
yeah i got the same problem. mine was drooping a bit in the middle, but not too bad. then the other night me and the girlfriend were.... talking.... in the back seat. She put her hand up and pulled down the roof lining and now it hangs right down and i can barely see through the window.... :supersad:

what is underneath the roof lining? In a Calais it has the pins holding the lining. It feels like corkboard underneath. In theory, i could just get drawing pins (thumb-taks) and pin it back up?

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Suggest trying to fix it yourself. I got quoted $180 to replace the cloth and the board.

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Mines only falling a few cm's in from the edge anybody know what exact spray i should buy.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
VN Roof Lining.. grrr.. Mines coming down on the passenger side now. It was only a little edge that had come off and passengers started picking at it and poking and its gettin worse..

Im gonna go buy blue felt and try and do my own.. Mind you I will probably stuff it up :p

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
thats a nice how
anyway
i got a stapler, bog stock standard from an office desk kinda thing, then stratigically stapled it to make it look like a comfy couch kinda if you know what i mean, looks alright for 3.5 cents

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
I dont want to do a complete re-line all i have is about 1inch x 1inch comming off..
Be a waste of money for me to re-do the whole roof..

Is there any sprays i can use to just re-hold up the litttle section.

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
Hi Guys..Anyone know of anywhere is Sydney to get the the fabric for the roof?