Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roof lining unstuck

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Quick update I have mine dropped off and the bill will actually be around $160 and not $100, $100 was just the labour. It's now going to be $20 to clean it up and another $40 for the lining material. Having said that I went to a place in Town, before work and he quoted me $350. My advice is shop around, Because quotes seem to vary widely on these things. The place in Town said the wait was three months too, so get in quick, because upholsterers are coming into their busy period apparently.

Reactions: Lex

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Ute roofliner was about $150 poor dude removed it,stripped all foam,cleaned board then glued new material on & refitted roofliner while I waited.

They kept the thumb tacks haha

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
I just got an estimate from a local guy yesterday of $120/130 including fabric for my sedan. I am cleaning up the board and will be doing the re-install so all he should be doing is gluing on the new fabric.
He's also a bit of a mate so that might explain the low price.
If it ends up a bit more I won't complain.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Gday lads, first post, first ever Bommodore...
The roof lining on this VS S2 I bought is falling away from ceiling... anyone else issues with this and if so how did they fix it? I got rego up in two weeks and fm this old beast has been way unloved for too long. This is hopefully one of the easy fixes compared to those that come here on JC... thanks in advanced.. Troy

Where's the OP?? Looks like he realised it will cost $150 - $200 plus fit, if he can't do it himself and it's become all too hard.....?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Quick update I have mine dropped off and the bill will actually be around $160 and not $100, $100 was just the labour. It's now going to be $20 to clean it up and another $40 for the lining material. Having said that I went to a place in Town, before work and he quoted me $350. My advice is shop around, Because quotes seem to vary widely on these things. The place in Town said the wait was three months too, so get in quick, because upholsterers are coming into their busy period apparently.

thats cheap.

I usually pull the lining out myself & drop it to the lady at the end of the street who does good work. but a few of the other trimmers around are now charging $250-$380 for the old VN-VS linings

have to watch the plastic trims, I get a few requests for parts from trimmers or people who are DIY and snapping bits :D

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
One place quoted me $350, and had three months lead time.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs V8 Ute
Just got mine done as I researched "how to do" and thought....yeah...na :)

I paid $200 and got it done (by a professional) in a couple of hours. Well worth the ca$h me thinks

Cheers and Beers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Somehow I think the OP will never be seen again. One post and probably realised there is no $20 fix, so was most likely not serious about fixing the fallen head lining, regardless ......

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs V8 Ute
Apparently this is a road worthy item in Victoria - something that I didn't know BUT does make sense when you think about it. One of the reasons that I was able to drop my ute off and pick up so quickly.

Based on my research - the best $200 I spent; it's a pain in the ass to do and it always looks second rate if not done by a pro

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Somehow I think the OP will never be seen again. One post and probably realised there is no $20 fix, so was most likely not serious about fixing the fallen head lining, regardless ......

Drawing pins probably fixed his little red wagon.