Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roof Lining

96 VS SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 HOLDEN COMMODORE VS SS
New here so go easy on me.....I have read almost every post relating to headlinings as I can...but nothing leans towards my predicament. My cardboard is shot...and looking for alternatives. I read on an American site that they used a Masonite like material as a replacement.....but I think it would be too rigid. Whats everyone else tried when all wreckers seem to have **** headboards also?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I guess you'll need to define shot. your best bet is to try to reshape it if it's deformed.

Unless the board is torn check wreckers for the best one to work on and replace yours. You can add extra clips to the roof straps should keep the shape.

I've only seen compressed material boards in statesmans not sedans.

96 VS SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 HOLDEN COMMODORE VS SS
I guess you'll need to define shot. your best bet is to try to reshape it if it's deformed.

Unless the board is torn check wreckers for the best one to work on and replace yours. You can add extra clips to the roof straps should keep the shape.

I've only seen compressed material boards in statesmans not sedans.
By shot I mean it's that brittle that it has cracked and no longer holding its shape. I can try more clips but while I'm at it, I'd like to try a new alternative.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Geez, I scored a good headboard for nothing out of a VS that was going to the wreckers at my mech's. Paid an upholsterer $120 to recover it (I did the prep work, that's where the time is) and put it in my VP. It puts the rest of the car to shame. I'd keep searching for a decent board

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
By shot I mean it's that brittle that it has cracked and no longer holding its shape. I can try more clips but while I'm at it, I'd like to try a new alternative.
Pull the old one out. Take the lining of. Clean (wire brush?) as much crab of as you can. Get enough fibreglass resin & matting.

Just noticed you have a sedan. Probably wont work? Wouldn't be flexible enough to get back in?