Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roof Rack question

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
Hey all,

Im looking at purchasing a set of roof racks for my VY sedan... im currently looking at a second hand set, it is fully genuine, but it doesnt come with the "keys" that undo the screws for the mounting clips, just wondering if anyone knows if these are cheap to buy and if they are actually required to fit them to your car?

Cheers guys,

also ive uploaded a pic of the racks in question.

Attachments

• 636b_1.jpg
    636b_1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,327

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It should be an Allen key with a hole in it. You can get them from a RhinoRack dealer. You can try Holden, why not just give them a ring?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
If it's just an Allen key with a hole in it, Dick Smith Electronics sell them. I know because i've got multiple of the end adaptors for almost any size! Comes with the torx set too which is handy when doing work on cars.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
If you've got a tool that will accept standard "bits" then your looking at $19.98 -> DSE 64-Piece Bit Set and Case (T4501) - Dick Smith Electronics - Australia. [These are what i've got]

If you dont have the tool, then there's one with less bits for $19.99 -> 41-Piece Bit and Socket Set (T4511) - Dick Smith Electronics - Australia.

Or you can go all out and get the 101 piece set (probably overkill, but you'll basically have a tool for everything) for $29.99 -> 101pc Bit Set with Carry Case (T4513) - Dick Smith Electronics - Australia.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Those genuine holden roof racks are Rola brand, and from memory (I used to work at a roof racks only store), I think they're a 4mm with a hole. Rhino rack's are 5mm from memory, but just ring up any roof rack specific outlet and they'll know exactly what you're talking about cause they're just rola roof racks...