Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rory's 2006 Patrol

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
sounds like you have done this before-lol,can't wait to see the rest of your set-up,are you setting her up to go bush or just a daily Toorak tractor-lol

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
sounds like you have done this before-lol,can't wait to see the rest of your set-up,are you setting her up to go bush or just a daily Toorak tractor-lol

Nah I haven't done it before, just took my time and worked the hole slowly towards the screw ins size. The key was to not try and rush and make it too big.

Yeah shes going to be more of a toy than a tourer but she will be capable :) she will also be the daily for me or the girlfriend, depending on where we're going on the day.

The rest of what I plan to do is on hold for a bit as we're going to Canada in January and have to save a bit before we go, plus I get the transfer papers on Friday :( . Thinking Dobinsons 3 inch at this stage but that may change, followed by some 33-35 inch muddies. We will see though...

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
I'd suggest suspension stuff flexy coils and amada extreme shocks mate... They the goods!

Good work on the install bud looks good.

----500rwhp corn juiced & boosted ls1----

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd suggest suspension stuff flexy coils and amada extreme shocks mate... They the goods!

Good work on the install bud looks good.

----500rwhp corn juiced & boosted ls1----

Cheers mate, will have a closer look when getting towards purchase. From what I've seen today looking around the net, a lot of people are very happy running them.

Cheers mate, took longer than it should have but it's worth it to have it the way I want.

Sent from my iPhone

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
any updates with this rory?

Not a lot, been tidying up a few things of late, and getting things working the way I want them to. Fixed the antenna switch so it only goes half way up or all the way down, almost never listen to the radio and if I am, it won't be out of Perth so no need for massive height.

Fixed the rear bumper lights as they weren't working and it was dangerous. I'm also seriously considering getting replacements for the fake lights up higher on the rear. The massive lights on the backs of patrols don't pass ADR's so they don't work but that's where people look for brake lights and plenty of others have replaced them with working lights so I'm thinking of doing the same.

Was really keen to pull out the amp and make a better mount for it this weekend but not sure if I will have time :/

I also need to run a cable between the left and right door open switches as the passenger side doors don't trigger the lights to turn on. I plan on doing that when I pull the trim off for mounting the amp properly.

Also still having trouble removing the tow hitch. Amazing how strongly it's held... If I can't get my hands on an oxy to heat up the hitch, I might remove and replace the whole tow bar.

Sent from my iPhone

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have removed the ST stickers on the sides with a caramel wheel as they were damaged.

I have looked at mounting the amp better but when I had a look it looks like its held plenty strongly enough for now...

I did manage to bridge the wire for the door open switches at the back so now all doors will trigger the interior lighting.

I took it out for a play at Two Rocks over the weekend just gone and it was a good bit of fun with mates... I really need to get used to manual when doing hillclimbs as I haven't had a manual 4X4 before...

Also managed to cook the Bluetooth in my headunit while updating it to accept iPhone 5's... Have to either fix it which will cost me $ or get a new unit... looking at the Alpine ICS-X8 but it doesn't have iPhone 5 support either...

Last night I put some roof bars on it from an old car, work a treat for my old kayak I'm cleaning up.

Plan is to take the Patrol and the kayak out on the Sunday coming to Two Rocks with the missus, the little bro, and the 2 dogs. Will depend on how the work chrissy party on Saturday goes though :p

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
sounds like your starting to enjoy it

Hell yeah I am... I'll try and grab some photos this weekend as I didn't take any last weekend. Might also try and swap the intercooler from the parents patrol to see if it helps power delivery at all...