Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rory's VZ Thunder SS Crewman

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
yeah as a daily I won't be doing anything else to it besides maintaining it and keeping it clean.

I didn't get around to trying the eleanors on the wk this weekend gone but I defiantly will this one coming. if I like them on the WK I will swap them over, my main concern is of course how high it will sit on 19's but the whole rolling diameter shouldn't be too far off what it is now. the eleanors also need 2 new tyers, 2 of them are badly camber worn because of the lack of adjustment in the back end of the VR IRS setup without a camber kit. I'll probably just chuck the WK rims on the VR. all things considered the VR really isn't that bad as a daily, petrol wise I get close to 700k's a tank and driving to work and back I usually get away with filling it every second week. that and it's comfortable and big too. I might even swap the the springs if they are suitable, the old springs from the VR went into my brother's vt calais.

I can easily afford 2 cars it's just that insurance is a killer for me (being 22 and on my p's)

when you find the forby that's for you, what (if any) mods have you got in mind?

That's a good plan mate :)

Post up the tyre sizes for the Eleanor's and the WK's and I can tell you the difference in size.

Yeah I can imagine insurance killing 2 cars, one of the reasons I'm not going for a cheep daily and a toy car. That and rego.

I will find one soon I'm sure, got my eye on a couple more that I want to look at shortly. The mod list will be long. Some big tyres, 3" of lift, rear bar, ARB or XROX front bar, spotties, light bar, roof rack, compressor, rear draws, inverter, dual batteries and lots more. It will be a long time line I think :p

Sent from my iPhone

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
sounds good. the WK just has the factory wheels and 215/60 tyres it says on the side (they are cheapo ones) and the VR has the 19's with the low profiles (not sure what exactly, and the VR is out at serpentine so I can't check) but there isn't much clearance at all on the VR.

what about a stereo?

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
sounds good. the WK just has the factory wheels and 215/60 tyres it says on the side (they are cheapo ones) and the VR has the 19's with the low profiles (not sure what exactly, and the VR is out at serpentine so I can't check) but there isn't much clearance at all on the VR.

what about a stereo?

Those tyres on the WK rims have an overall diameter of 664.4mm according to an online calc, if you get the tyre size of the Eleanor's I'll let you know the OD of them.

Yeah at this stage the stereo will be the crewy's HU (avh-p8450bt) crewy's amp (PDX-V9) crewy's type R splits and maybe some more goodies. I would prefer to put morel tempos in the front and move the type R's into the back but I don't really need to. It would be better for me to upgrade my sub as that was defiantly letting the system down in the crewman. I'm planning on putting the amp in the rear quarter panel with the inverter and maybe compressor so that its all out of the way. ( in patrols with the rear AC the unit is in here so should be ok for amp etc.

Dynamat would be nice but if I don't get it I can live with it.

Sent from my iPhone

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
sounds good, like you're planning a whole off road command center or something.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
sounds good, like you're planning a whole off road command center or something.

Yeah it's a bit like that haha, I'm hoping to get a clean example and then keep it that way. The car will definitely get dirty but it will always be brought back up to scratch.