Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rotisserie help

Triff

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
Anyone bought and used a rotisserie on there early commodore before? Can't find anything relating to mounting the car and Wether they come with mounting brackets or if you have to make your own. Any help would be great

Mike74ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline SII
Hi there

Not specifically on commodores, but I currently have a lx Torana on a rotisserie that I purchased off eBay. No pre made mounting brackets are available that I know off and I ended up using some old bumper bar brackets to mount the body shell.

Good luck with your resto!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah mate from SA had a rotisserie for his SLR 5000. I'd say he made his as he was pretty handy with a welder.

Triff

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll need some help with making brackets. Not sure if I'd trust vk bumper brackets as mount points. Not quite as sturdy as the old toranas

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
make your own angled bar brackets for under front apron to bolt to kframe front rail positions and under rear apron on boot floor rails. Easy rotisserie operation, strong and good access to work on.

Triff

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
make your own angled bar brackets for under front apron to bolt to kframe front rail positions and under rear apron on boot floor rails. Easy rotisserie operation, strong and good access to work on.
Thanks mate will be taking a look at it today

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Most sit on the ground, but if you need it higher you can mount it on the commodore. Just make sure the meat is well basted and you might have to add charcoal depending on the size of meat.

Triff

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
Most sit on the ground, but if you need it higher you can mount it on the commodore. Just make sure the meat is well basted and you might have to add charcoal depending on the size of meat.
Hahahhahah