Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roto-Fab CAI Installation VF2

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I Googled it.
But I`m sure I got onto someone else forgot who was awhile ago and didn`t import for V6 so went the Growler.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Got around to installing my Roto-Fab CAI on my VF2 this weekend. I am very impressed with the quality and finish of the product. It has the MSE connection which required a longer pipe to suit the MSE, as the US vehicles have the MSE on the left hand side, where as ours are fitted on the right. Anyway it is all working and sounds great.
full

so where is picking up the incoming air?
same place as the standard box??

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Last edited:

dessy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SSV Redline Sedan & 2014 VW Golf R
I looked at roto-fab but I also wanted their optional radiator cover/panel which added enough $s to push me to a VCM OTR instead.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Courtesy of Mike, I read a few threads on a US Chev forum. Big wraps for the Rotofab. Our old mate Pir4ate was in the thick of it too. Turns out the OTR's we all used to use added fresh air behind the MAF, causing our engines to run lean. Can't be tuned to compensate either. Makes sense to me. Not enough to cause a meltdown evidently. But enough to rob power.
Edit: having reread, it turns out VCM addressed this issue after much hounding by the Chevy SS guys.
Thanks Mike!

Last edited:

dazinau

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Funny Cuda I must have been on the SS forums searching rotofab vs OTR's at about the same time you were and reached the same conclusion, great raps in the US and it's a little different. Would you go oil or dry filter? I'm pretty sure I read a thread from rotofab recommending the oil one for the SS.

Apparently no tune required either, can wait until my dealer gets some rockers in...

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Courtesy of Mike, I read a few threads on a US Chev forum. Big wraps for the Rotofab. Our old mate Pir4ate was in the thick of it too. Turns out the OTR's we all use add fresh air behind the MAF, causing our engines to run lean. Can't be tuned to compensate either. Makes sense to me. Not enough to cause a meltdown evidently. But enough to rob power.

How with the fresh air behind the maf?? I'm curious.
The only piping behind my maf
Is the pvc intake, but that evacuates air not introduces??