Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roto-Fab CAI Installation VF2

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Oil is good if you live in the bush or more so dusty areas.

Otherwise paper does just as good a job.

The oiled filters cost more and the recharge kits aren't cheap so in many cases a paper filter can be cost effective and they are a quick change over where oil filters take time to properly clean and reoil.

I use both and possibly lean towards paper but like Cuda, I like the look of the K&N type filters.

I do like the look of the K&N type filters as you say Panhead. But I wasn't very clear in my response above. I was referring to the look of the Roto-Fab over an OTR.
Re the oiled filters, I've had a K&N in the OrSSom OTR in my Redline for over 6 years. I've only bought 1 cleaning and refill kit in that time and she purrrrrs like a Tiger! I reckon I've got pretty good value from it and I do beleive the dirtier it gets, the better the filtration. I've not noticed any fuel consumption increase, or power loss as the filter gets dirty. I assume the flow is still good. That's not to say either or both haven't occured. But if they have, it's nominal.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I do like the look of the K&N type filters as you say Panhead. But I wasn't very clear in my response above. I was referring to the look of the Roto-Fab over an OTR.
Re the oiled filters, I've had a K&N in the OrSSom OTR in my Redline for over 6 years. I've only bought 1 cleaning and refill kit in that time and she purrrrrs like a Tiger! I reckon I've got pretty good value from it and I do beleive the dirtier it gets, the better the filtration. I've not noticed any fuel consumption increase, or power loss as the filter gets dirty. I assume the flow is still good. That's not to say either or both haven't occured. But if they have, it's nominal.

You're doing well to get six years out at Wagga, I'm on the Central Coast and near the water were there isn't much in the way of dust and I clean my every 12 months.

I find I get enough build up of things like small bugs and grit between the pleats in that time to warrant a clean.

When I re-oil them I let them drip overnight to make sure the excess oil is completely gone before I reinstall them.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
You're doing well to get six years out at Wagga, I'm on the Central Coast and near the water were there isn't much in the way of dust and I clean my every 12 months.

I find I get enough build up of things like small bugs and grit between the pleats in that time to warrant a clean.

When I re-oil them I let them drip overnight to make sure the excess oil is completely gone before I reinstall them.

I clean the filter once a year or so mate.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I clean the filter once a year or so mate.

Sorry Cuda, I should get a home carer in to help me read your posts as I seem incapable of understanding them by myself.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry Cuda, I should get a home carer in to help me read your posts as I seem incapable of understanding them by myself.

Haha. Nah, I put it down to me being a bit lazy with my typing, since every post is from my smartphone and I have not so smart phat phumbs.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I clean and oil mine (Orssom) at each oil and filter change. 10k
I don't think the kit costs more than a new filter at each change.

paulgar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 Calais V
I'm trying to install my Roto-fab (replacing a Harrop OTR) but the main box lower mount hole is to far above the mounting plate/threads and I can't seem to wiggle it down far enough to get it to sit on the mounting plate.
Any hints?
Also would the tune be recommended? I had a tune with the Harrop installed.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
finally getting around to doing it hey

no i dont think the tune would really be effected

paulgar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 Calais V
finally getting around to doing it hey

no i dont think the tune would really be effected

Thanks. But I still can't get down far enough to meet the lower mount to get the bolt in. It sits on the top stud but not on the lower mount.

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
Selling my Roto Fab CAI in the parts for sale forum.