Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rotofab intake

Yipsta08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SSV Ute
Hi guys,

Just wondering what you guys thought of Rotofab cai ( ease of installation,if a tune is need straight away and induction noise) and if any of you have videos of in action.

I know I can get OTRs for the same money, but I like the oem look. I just don’t like the big missing part where the air box used to be when you use an OTR.

I have a vf1 ssv ute with a 3 inch hurricane exhaust and nothing else done to it.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi guys,

Just wondering what you guys thought of Rotofab cai ( ease of installation,if a tune is need straight away and induction noise) and if any of you have videos of in action.

I know I can get OTRs for the same money, but I like the oem look. I just don’t like the big missing part where the air box used to be when you use an OTR.

I have a vf1 ssv ute with a 3 inch hurricane exhaust and nothing else done to it.

There are a few members on JC using the Rotofab, hopefully they'll pop up soon.
Been considering one for my Magnum for awhile now.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Great option if you happen to charge down the track.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
mines still sitting in its box :oops:

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Hi guys,

The Rotofab CAI is pretty easy to fit. Instructions are good and they have a YouTube video of one being fitted to a Chev SS. I have fitted around 6 now. My mates and I didn't need a Tune straight away after fitting it. I drove around normally for a few days before my tune. In regards to induction noise, mine is plugged into my sound enhancer so i still get induction noise in the cabin.
It's a well made enclosed pod system, so you won't get an OTR style induction noise. My mate hasn't plumbed his sound enhancer into his Rotofab, so you can barely hear it over his hurricane full exhaust system.

Yipsta08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SSV Ute
How about performance? Is it the same or less or more than a OTR?

I had a OTR on my last car but it didn’t have any induction noise to speak of.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Wouldn't have a clue. This is my 1st v8 and have only done the basic mods. I've had modified Subaru's all my life. I've never seen back to back testing but the general consensus on this forum is that an OTR setup should net you more power, how much more, who knows.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
i think the general chevy consensus is OTR is slightly better for NA and Roto for FI.
but its probably the same argument for 1 3/4 headers vs 1 7/8 headers

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie