Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rotors

go fast

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve ss 6.0 litre
i going to buy some front rotors there is a person in n.z that is selling some,my front rotors on my car are 330mm rotors none slotted,the rotors i am looking at getting are off a vy they are 330mm hsv slotted rotors,my car is 94 vr hsv, would any body know if they would fit my car.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Should fit both are 330mm

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
Speaking of rotors, what is the max size that can fit under the stock alloy rims on a VR II Equipe? I'm guessing 296mm? Can someone confirm?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Don't think they will fit properly. Looking at the DBA catalogue, VR/VS front rotors have a 70mm centre hole and the VY rotors have a 71.5mm centre hole.

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
I was looking at the DBA040B - which from memory I think are 296mm with the centre hole correct for a VR/VS? Can you confirm that in the catalogue? I can't find the specs for them online atm.

I was just having a look through the gaps in the stock rims at the moment and wondering if 296mm + VT calipers with brackets would fit ;)

edit: Ah, I found this: http://www.dba.com.au/products/DBA040B

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Different offset, different centre hole.

VR-VS are the same, VT-VZ are the same. VT-VZ will not fit the VR-VS unless spacer rings are used on the hub and an adapter bracket is used on the calipers.

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
As far as I was aware, the calipers don't fit without the spacer. But never actually having bolted them up myself I couldn't give you a definite answer. Actually just did a bit of a search myself, no one on here that has done the conversion mentions anything about the caliper spacers, so I guess they bolt straight on.

However, when going to the VE spec upgrade, caliper brackets are definitely needed.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Vt-vz calipers bolt on without spacers/adapters/special bolts. Straight fit with any vt-z rotor with hub spacers.