Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rotten Egg Gas Smell - Vn Calais

89vncal

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Calais
I've got a VN Calais that is dual fuel. When running on LPG i have been getting that rotten egg gas smell in the car when stopping at lights or after parking. I have heard this is when the cat converter is about to peg out but to be honest i have no idea what is causing this. Doesn't anyone know what is going on???

Just in case any of the engine modifications i have made are causing it i'll list what i have done. (All other mods are cosmetic........lowered and wheels etc)

2 1/2 inch cat back exhaust
ss inductions cold air intake
genie extractors

4PLAYN

Reaction score
On my manual VN. When at lights it smells horridly like rotten eggs. I mean you could almost get sick off the fumes.

Would it still be the cat??

Adam.

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
yeah my VN does that, 5 speed manual, when deaccelerating it stinks, to my knoledge it is because it is either running to rich or too lean, cant remember, but i need to retune mine when i have time

4PLAYN

Reaction score
So thats where eggs come from. The teachers at school are wrong, they aint from chickens their from cats. I see i see. Hmmmmm

Adam

VNPOWER

Reaction score
Members Ride
My00 Wrx 240kwatw
you sure its not coming from your air con?