Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rottweiler Attack

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I think we've kind of stepped away from the crux of the thread here.

For all intents and purposes, from where im viewing this from in a situation like this, it is not the dog who is at fault, it is the person who allowed the child in with these dogs who is to blame.

They put the person they were meant to be looking after in an unsafe situation. I heard from early reports that there was some teasing involved, ie: putting food down and then taking it away earlier on. These claims have been removed from the media, but if they were true, and this dog saw what she was doing, it may have acted that this person was a threat to its food.

If anything is done to step towards banning Rotties in Victoria, (which i doubt will happen) then it will just show how much of a kneejerk society we live in, and that people are no longer responsible for their own actions or things which they can reasonably be expected to control

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
I think we've kind of stepped away from the crux of the thread here.

For all intents and purposes, from where im viewing this from in a situation like this, it is not the dog who is at fault, it is the person who allowed the child in with these dogs who is to blame.

They put the person they were meant to be looking after in an unsafe situation. I heard from early reports that there was some teasing involved, ie: putting food down and then taking it away earlier on. These claims have been removed from the media, but if they were true, and this dog saw what she was doing, it may have acted that this person was a threat to its food.

If anything is done to step towards banning Rotties in Victoria, (which i doubt will happen) then it will just show how much of a kneejerk society we live in, and that people are no longer responsible for their own actions or things which they can reasonably be expected to control

Agreed sabbath,i love rottis myself,beautiful dog,got knocked off my short list when looking for a pup due to them slobbering too much inside though....The only dogs i think should be banned are the dogs that obedience and training schools wont accept due to their nature.....they are EXPERTS at training dogs,but they still wont accept one breed of dog.....and I wonder what breed that is.....but we have people on here who know better than those experts though...All dogs over a certain size/weight should be put through an obedience school,our little doberman starts in 2 weeks....and if the obedience school wont train a certain breed due to the destructive nature of their natural instincts....ban em.