Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rough estimate on manual l67

H

harrop.senator

Hi guys haven't got car on the road after I built the motor long story short had it running electrician pulled apart to day vy interior swap left me with it in pieces n cut loom.

Hoping the new peeps will have it sorted out soon.

Freshly rebuilt l67 212 degree @ .050 baby cam with .507 lift, stock ratio rockers ATM , ten psi pulley, 25mm heat spacer , stock airbox with secondary feed hole 2.5" feed from bumper metal 3" piping between charger and box.

Pacemaker headers twin stock 2" cats through to twin 2.25" system. Getrag box and 3.46 rear ratio.

Memcal is xu6 tune without timinig pull before the auto shift points and slightly sharper and designed for 98 only.

I'm hoping with the couple mods and the less loss from the getrag it'll make 250 whp. Anyone seen manual l67's hit the rollers with similar mods or can tell me the stock manual vs auto rwhp difference ?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Sounds about right, but you'd probably make more with a better tune. What did it end up pulling?

H

harrop.senator

Don't know. Got a new body harness for it waiting for some cash to get a climate control heater box and a by engine harness and then sending it to a dudes house to have it put back together. If he's not done by time I get back from new Zealand halfway through next month I've got a shop lined up at $1500.

Better tune may come eventually just can't justify the crack money wanted for a custom dyno tune at the moment.

If I ever do pay the thousand bucks to have it tuned I'll machine the snout for a smaller pulley and set up the water injection set up first no way I'll be paying for a dyno tune twice lol.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Fit a WB O2 sensor and learn to tune it yourself :)

H

harrop.senator

Honestly I'm already a pretty avid back yarder and starting to get over all the big projects and all the work. Not overly keen on starting more projects or more work. If I had the money I'd be subbing a lot of the work I have left on my cars out. Not really keen to take on more work in fields I have zero experience with.

Plus if its half as bigger pita as tuning dcoe webers I'll pass. I've played with carburetors a couple of times and it leaves me on the brink of rape and pilliage every time lol.

I just want to finish some cars and enjoy them.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Tuning isn't hard or that expensive depending on what you want to tune. A proper dyno tune will set yuo back at least a grand. For a couple hundred you have everything you need to tune your own car. It's not hugely difficult other than mainly learning the jargon.

The other issue with tuning is that they generally get the WOT stuff good on a dyno but getting the cruise stuff right can be a bit hit or miss depending on the operator. You'll also find not many guys will tune the 3800 V6 engines as they don't have the right gear. Most are only interested in the LS stuff.

I've spent quiet a bit of time on my mates car, not the WOT **** but getting the cruise/shift points etc the way he likes em. It's all trial and error.