Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rough idle after flogging

Ben Crouch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
That's great, but is all ok with the Misses?
All good I'm just mad at myself for treating my car badly over a woman didn't buy the flowers but she did get a wash and vacuum, the car that is..

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
What in the world...how does a domestic lead to a buggered car!?

VZs are tough bastards (I do know!) so I am asserting that a pre-existing fault or problem has been unnecessarily exacerbated by some unwise, unruly driving.

Cleaning the MAF?? Why?? MAFs do not require any intervention, not even over a very, very long term, unless you have been driving through a coal cellar and been blackened and bruised and burned, at which time your MAF, just a very thin, taut strand of wire, isn't going to be the one and only warning of something wrong! My VZ MAF was never touched in 9 years. Others around here (where I live) have older VZs and have no idea what a MAF is, much less go on the hunt for it.

I'm inclined to think that from the muffler business and unstable, "flapping" idle there is a manifold leak or head leak. Idle is usually very stable on the Alloytec, unless the petrol or fuel system is fouled or spark plugs well out of service interval (as so many, many are!!).

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Just 1 little piece of poo slipping past the air filter and hooking around the maf wire will cause chaos with your air flow values.... Much stranger things have happened. And it takes all of three minutes to have a look at it. Hmmmm could pay off big time, or cost you three minutes of your life...

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
What in the world...how does a domestic lead to a buggered car!?

VZs are tough bastards (I do know!) so I am asserting that a pre-existing fault or problem has been unnecessarily exacerbated by some unwise, unruly driving.

Cleaning the MAF?? Why?? MAFs do not require any intervention, not even over a very, very long term, unless you have been driving through a coal cellar and been blackened and bruised and burned, at which time your MAF, just a very thin, taut strand of wire, isn't going to be the one and only warning of something wrong! My VZ MAF was never touched in 9 years. Others around here (where I live) have older VZs and have no idea what a MAF is, much less go on the hunt for it.

I'm inclined to think that from the muffler business and unstable, "flapping" idle there is a manifold leak or head leak. Idle is usually very stable on the Alloytec, unless the petrol or fuel system is fouled or spark plugs well out of service interval (as so many, many are!!).
Your the sort of guy that changes the fuel pump when all that needed changing was the fuel filter believing fuel filters never have to be changed ...mafs need cleaning ocasionaly its recomended by mace engineering if you experience power loss