Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rough idle on vt

craig_stato

HCC member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5 litre statesman
hey guys, just a small prob with my vt, i have noticed it sionce the day i drove out of the car yard, when im at the lights, if im in drive, the car seems to vibrate, almost like the magnas do when there engine mounts are gone, and if i put it in neutral, it seems to have a missfire.the engine has only done 140k and it was only serviced recently including new plugs.
could it just be my leads?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Could be leads, could also be worn mounts, check it al out :)

grafxworld

KLRBASS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT GTR EXEC S1 - SOLD off
Mine feels rough but the motor mounts are shot, so bad it's causing the knock sensors right next to them to pick up the vibrations on highspeeds and shut the motor down for a split second. very annoying and needs fixed soon.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
grafxworld said:
Mine feels rough but the motor mounts are shot, so bad it's causing the knock sensors right next to them to pick up the vibrations on highspeeds and shut the motor down for a split second. very annoying and needs fixed soon.
Better get them replaced, only about $55 each from Repco. I replaced one recently and now it feels great. Smooth as silk.

wal

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive v6/vc commodores
purge hose

check yhe purge hose my did the same got it tuned $300 a week later same problem this time i clamped it on for free.....col:w00t:

DARGAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore
grafxworld said:

When you say it shuts the motor down for a split second, do you mean it like comes back on or do you have to start it up again?

I'd presume start it up again, i have the same problem with my VT shuts down randomly although its mainly at lights, does happen on the move! :bang: also a fair few times just after filling the tank. Driving me crazy. also whats a missfire?

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Could be the Idle Air Control (IAC).