Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rough idle, smoke, tryed lots of things.. need help!

Emmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina(v6), vs statesman(v8)
hey guys i have supercharged vt commodore and it has a rough idle, blowing some smoke and stalls if you tap the accelerator when its cold.

Now this is what i have done.
Replaced crank angle sensor, cam sensor, O2 sensors, spark plug leads, spark plugs, cleaned MAF sensor, cleaned air idle control valve and throttle body. Also i put a new air idle control valve on and it made the car idle at about 2000 revs so i put the old one back in.

Anything else i should try?

thanks for any help :)

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Its possible the LIM gaskets might need replacing. If you replace them make sure to use the metal ones that MACE and YT sell rather than the crappy standard holden ones

Emmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina(v6), vs statesman(v8)
sweet thanks, it it a big job? or is it better to get a mechanic to do it? also where is the lim gasket firstly lol

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
LIM is short for lower inlet manifold gaskets. What colour smoke is it blowing? Black is too much fuel. White is oil.I would be checking the fuel pressure before changing LIM gaskets. It could be a fuel pressure regulator problem.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
LIM is short for lower inlet manifold gaskets. What colour smoke is it blowing? Black is too much fuel. White is oil.I would be checking the fuel pressure before changing LIM gaskets. It could be a fuel pressure regulator problem.

Black = Fuel
Grey/Blue = Oil
White = Water/Coolant

Hold a Rag over the exhaust, A white one, while the car is running, Then smell & feel the rag to see what it is.

Cheers
Mat

VuGeniii

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu Commodore SS V8 Gen III
It sounds like it needs a damn good tune, what ecu are you running?, have you installed biiger injectors and a fuel pressure reg? theres a raft of things it could be but the trial and error method for replacing items on a whim gets very expensive

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Have you checked if any error codes have been set ?