Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rough Idle

N

Nicho

Rough Idle on VK

Hi everyone.

In my car the Motor Idle is rough, the Carby and the Distributor has been reconditioned and the car runs smooth when I switch on the air conditioner.

Thanks in advance for anyones help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nicho

It go's at about 750rpm when idling rough, and when I turn the air conditioner on it go's at about 600rpm, and it idles smooth.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Is she an automatic or manual?

Idles can be a pain to tweak i notice is different on every commodore depending on the condition. I had this thought and it kind of sounds like when the timing was done the aircon was used for it?

Timing/carby would be something to lookout

the default settings on my blue motor is 850 in N and 650 in D but atm ive got 1000 in N and 500 in D. MY aircon plunger holds my revs in place. "but its activated with or without the aircon on."

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Just another thought, sounds like shes getting more power when the aircon is on.

Might be a power problem to..

N

Nicho

It's an automatic, I've just had the carby reconditioned so that shouldn't be the problem, so maybe it is the power.

Thanks for your help :)

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Awsome mate, need more advice just ask :)

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
could be the auto choke mine used to play tricks like that what u do is when u start it give it a big rev and it should start idling smooth

VH Vacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V6
My VH has always idled like a tractor....you go and get it tuned and it smooths out for a short time then it reverts to shaking its head...there is just too much pollution gear to contend with and that inlet manifold ain't the greatest design.