Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rough Idle???????

m3taL

For what its worth.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
88` S1 VN, 5spd & 94' VR Wagon
Hey Guys, as some may know iv just brought this car and have had some probs with her Cooling then she was just being a bitch....

Some how it just started playing the game again although its not perfect, iv done the plugs and leads which gave her much more grunt as they were shagged as a stkilda slurrieas, she runs nice now just the idle is rough and sometimes if i slow down quick thru the gears comin to the lights she might stall even tho i have clutched in 5 seconds before..... SHould i reset the Ecu again after doing new plugs and leads since it made a huge differance??? i will note since doing the plugs and leads its Better with the idle than it was....but still a bit cranky.... anyone got any ideas??? Injector cleaner?? somthing liek that???

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Maybe check the coil packs?

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Check/Clean the IAC valve for correct operation. Also search the forum first, I swear its been posted a million times before

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Mine idles a lot better after putting a decent clean set of injectors in it. Theres a 'How to' here on cleaning the IAC valve with pics and very good instructions. It's only a few minutes of work and definately worth doing.