Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rough Idling on a VF SV6

Reaction score
Website
nztechblog.net
Members Ride
2013 Holden Commodore VF SV6
I seem to be getting some rough Idling in my Commodore, sometimes it's very rough, other times it's just noticeable to be annoying. Today when I stopped at the traffic lights, the car juddered very roughly about three times while the dashboard lights dimmed simultaneously. Almost felt like it was going to stall! In fact today was the roughest I have felt in a long time!

Has anybody come across or heard of this issue before please? I've just opened my wallet having to replace the EVAP Solenoid Valve...

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Could be one of a number of issues -- contaminated fuel, faulty coil pack, etc. You can't always trust the fault codes either. I had exactly the same problem as yours with my 10-yr old VZ Berlina, and although the fault code indicated it was a coil pack that was faulty, it turned out to be the Engine Control Module (ECM). I hope that's not the cause with you, because it's a $900-$1000 job to replace and program a new ECM! :(

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I seem to be getting some rough Idling in my Commodore, sometimes it's very rough, other times it's just noticeable to be annoying. Today when I stopped at the traffic lights, the car juddered very roughly about three times while the dashboard lights dimmed simultaneously. Almost felt like it was going to stall! In fact today was the roughest I have felt in a long time!

Has anybody come across or heard of this issue before please? I've just opened my wallet having to replace the EVAP Solenoid Valve...

have a look to see if there is a vacuum leak from any of the hoses and pipes to the intake .

Reaction score
Website
nztechblog.net
Members Ride
have a look to see if there is a vacuum leak from any of the hoses and pipes to the intake .
I literally had it in the dealer about three weeks ago and in their notes, they checked for any leaks in the vacuum pipes etc. Will double check again.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Website
nztechblog.net
Members Ride
Oh and I forgot to mention... When in Park, I revved the engine and it took a while before coming back down to normal revs... Almost as if it was holding on to a higher rpm for a slight second.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Throttle body might need a clean.

NAV JI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SERIES 1
same issue change spark plugs but no luck

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Recently I had faced the exact same issue described in very first post. I also had a check-engine light and the P0300 error code come up on the OBD scan app. Ref: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vf-sv6-advice.278536/post-3308486

A couple of Shell V-Power tank fulls with Liqui-Moly fuel system/ injector cleaner like the ones below, seems to have fixed the issues (for now):

So if this behaviour is random, then I would also try one or two cycles of fuel injector cleaners before replacing more parts.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon