Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rough starting

jonny6guns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS MALLOO UTE,HSV ENHANCED 5 LITRE
Have a v6 vn wagon,when i start her up she has trouble starting,winds over a bit ,idles rough for a few seconds then fine.If I take the engine relay out for a bit put it back in starts fine first turn of tha key.Have replaced relay,new leads,plugs,pressure regulator.I put a new stereo in,replacing the original cassette player and have noticed if I turn the stereo off before I turn the car off it'll start better in tha morning,I know older models you had to punch in a code in the radio to reset the comp or somethin.Also engine warning light comes on every now and again.When its goin it runs fine,just that sarting thing is really bugging me.Anyone got any ideas ?:bang:Also put in new injectors & vacum hoses

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
i am havin similiar problem, mine starts rough and also idles rough and sometimes stalls. Check for codes and see if u get 42 same as me which is the ignition circuit. mines goin in 4 a service 2morrow and that will hopefully tell me wat it is. i'll report bak here