Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rough through gears in AUTO

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
hey guys, my auto transmission sux, it clunks rather heavily when it goes through the gears...is this common with the VT Exec SII?? also, is there a simple fix for it (as in a cleaning or a cheap replacement)?? if you could it'd be awesome if you could be me on to someone wanting to get rid of their manual 5or6 speed to suit...cheeerz guys :king:

R

rattattack1313

Could try a service on it...new filter & fluid.........

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
thanx mate, i spose you dont know anyone wanting to either swap or sell their manual gearbox then aye?? they are just sooo hard to come across

R

RW_Smoking

Is it clunking when changing up gears (ie 2nd to 3rd) or when you need the car to kickdown (4th to 3rd or 2nd). A full trans service may do the trick but if your trans is starting to slip don't get one as the gunk in your trans would be keeping it driving better, when you clean out a slipping trans it can make it even worse as my old Toyota 2.8 litre Str8 six found out.

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
yeh clunks going into 2 n 3...worse when planting foot to get to high speeds, really sh*tting me actually

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
ive spoken to my mate at MCE (Mindarie Custom Exhuasts) and he's gonna fit some corvette servo's into the gearbox, will give a much smoother and much quicker gear change, gets rid of the lag (high rev) between gears which you experience in an auto...cant wait

VTWGN97

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive wagon
What price did he quote you for the corvette servo's?:w00t:

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
he's doing it REALLY cheap for me, aparently its around about $500-$600...where bouts do u live champ?? y u ask for?? curiosity, interested...

VTWGN97

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive wagon
Bundy QLD, interested sounds like a good move.

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
champ, i was born in QLD, out in ipswich mate... but yeah, when i get it done i will let u know the result and tell u if its worth gettin...i reckon it'll make a huge difference, i mean this guy doesnt bullshit me...the advantages of the installation are great especially at the price aye