Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Round trip of Aust in the Commo

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Reaper said:
My only advise is to try and avoid driving the Nullabour at night.
Reaper
Whats the go with the amount of wind on the Nullabor heading from melbourne to WA? I heard somebody talking saying that because of the way the wind goes you're forcing your way against the wind so you chew up more fuel and if you're towing a caravan then it adds extra drag to the mix?

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
I wouldnt put much faith in those little bonnet deflectors. Mine broke on the way from Alice to darwin last week & it done more damage than a little rock would.
A good tip on any long drive up here is to keep an eye on the roadkill. If there is a bit on the road generally the live ones arent far behind. Also the big wedgetail eagles that are feeding on the dead ones take a long time to get airborne when they are full. Having one of these come through the window is worse than denting a bonnet on a roo.
Also check the fuel prices before you leave & plan your fuelstops to the better prices. Some of the Roadhouses are up to 30c a litre different from the nearby towns.