Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Routerness

Static89

I Am Ironman.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
ok, i have a linksys router, it had been set up for my old network in my old house by someone else,

what i want to do is hook my xbox and computer up wireless, and have it so a few other computers can share media ( thats why i want the router) i forgot the router password and username from the old house, and have since reformated my computer,

how do i set up the router to do what i want? and how do i get the password and username back/ make a new one?

Thanx to anyone that can help :)

Mark

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
You'll need to go to the linksys site, find the model you're using, and look up how to reset it to factory settings, and also what the default login information is. After that, setup should be a breeze. :)

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Turn it upside down or look on the net and find the default login settings, and try them before resetting it.
Only factory reset if you have your ISP details to re-enter.

HaMmErD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Cruze CDX
Sometimes they will even have a reset button on them.. although not sure if thatactualy resets the password...

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Sometimes they will even have a reset button on them.. although not sure if thatactualy resets the password...

Yeha the factory reset will reset the password, but will clear ALL his settings at the same time.