Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RS side skirts and boot lip spoiler

Fuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS 2.0P
Hi All,

I want to buy an RS over an LT for the better seats, 18's and the LED headlights.

However, I dislike the side skirts and boot lid spoiler on the RS. Some used examples are showing the rear of the skirts coming away from the car. They look cheaply fitted.

Does anyone know if they are held on with glue or adhesive tape or bolted on ? as I would want them removed.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
clips, screws and tape.

the part on the side that you see coming away is held on with a crappy double sided tape and it peels away showing that gap.
better tape or sikaflex would fix the problem.

check the manual here

it might have info on how to remove them.

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Hi All,

I want to buy an RS over an LT for the better seats, 18's and the LED headlights.

However, I dislike the side skirts and boot lid spoiler on the RS. Some used examples are showing the rear of the skirts coming away from the car. They look cheaply fitted.

Does anyone know if they are held on with glue or adhesive tape or bolted on ? as I would want them removed.

The attached photo shows what lurks underneath the side cladding on the Tourer wagon. Dont know if RS skirts are the same.
Also, I dont think the RS gets LED headlights. Only Calais V and VXR I thought.

Attachments

• A77B49CF-9A14-409E-8C81-ECC9B98908B6.jpeg
    A77B49CF-9A14-409E-8C81-ECC9B98908B6.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 343

Fuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS 2.0P
The attached photo shows what lurks underneath the side cladding on the Tourer wagon. Dont know if RS skirts are the same.
Also, I dont think the RS gets LED headlights. Only Calais V and VXR I thought.

Oh yes I was wrong the the LED's. Might be some better globes on the cards....
Dam, those skirt pins will be too much work so I'd leave them on.

Hopefully the boot lip spoiler isn't the same

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
if you do update to leds i posted what you need here

my side skirts have come away from the body because of the crappy tape used, one day i will glue them.
kit.jpg

Jack GS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 Buick Regal GS
Because the sportier, taller, spoiler isn't offered on the Buick Regal GS in the US, I ordered one from Opel. The spoiler came with a strip of preinstalled 3M double sided adhesive along the entire perimeter. There were no provisions for clips or any other attachment method.

We also have the side skirt issue and there's an active Technical Service Bulletin for it. The bulletin includes instructions on how the dealerships correct the issue.

Bulletin #18-NA-288: Rocker Panel Molding Gap at Rear

We have a thread for it on the Buick Forum too with some discussion about it: 2018+ Regal GS TSB: 18-NA-288 Rocker Panel Molding Gap at Rear

Last edited:

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I've had my side skirts re fixed under warranty. One of them had to be done twice. They seem to be staying in place now.