Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RS-V V6 235 kW 380 Nm please explain

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
380 Nm through front is less than 10% more than my 15 year old Mitsubishi '380', which had 353 Nm bone stock through front.

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
We have always had lower power levels in the GM engines in Australia. LFX in Camaro 245kw, 210 (91 RON) in Commodore. I believe it's to do with emission control systems.
I've looked up all the applications of this engine in North America. The FWD has slightly less power. Another explaination is the exhaust layout for a transverse V6 engine
I got told on one model cant remember which one it was that the Holden had slightly less power because it was tuned to develop torque lower in the rev range then the U.S. one to suit our driving style here.
GM also make the LGZ engine, which is the same but tuned for lower RPM maximum torque (which is really high in LGX). Holden could have used that.
I have looked at all applications of LGX in North America, and the FWD comes out worst. Another explanation is that exhaust layout of a transverse V6 is a bottleneck for maximum power.