Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rtmpgt's super-happy-fun-time LLT mod thread.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute

So, designed the enclosure for my DIY Exhaust controller!

This is basically an Arduino with a DFRobot relay hat, enclosed in a custom made 3D printed box which I'll eventually get replaced with a CNC Machined enclosure. The enclosure itself is currently being made as we speak.

Pretty much the entire idea is to drive three air solenoids to divert vacuum sourced between three different sources. First source being an always-on Vacuum pump akin to the one that's already on the car, the second being the engine (which it's already currently connected to) and the third will just vent to atmosphere, allowing the exhaust to be fully open. The rotation of these modes will be controlled with the "track* suspension button that's normally used by the MRC system in a HSV.

The fourth relay will also be used when I eventually swap out my suspension for a TEIN EDFC system. There's a mechanical switch that that system uses that can swap between suspension modes, and so therefore I want to be able to use that switch to stiffen up the ride in "track mode"

I live in an apartment complex so the last thing I want is to bloody well scare the heck out of my neighbours when I drive off to work of a morning.