Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rubber doughnut getrag 260 gearbox

brend0n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Sigma
Not sure if this has been covered before couldn't find anything in the search.

has anyone successfully changed the output on the back of the getrag box from the guibo (rubber donut) design to a more typical flange plate/uni joint set up.

If so did you use a standard part I assume there is some part interchangeability with BMW or a custom one.

NB im not worried about tail shaft length as this combination is not in a commodore and requires a custom tail shaft anyway.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Have a look at a VS S2 manual, they used the Getrag but didn't have the doughnut in the tail shaft.

brend0n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Sigma
thanks for the reply, rang the local Holden dealership, they said that VS series 2 do have a donut :idea:
anyone seen one in a wreckers or got the part/part number id be chasing

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Why don't you want the donut?

Do you have a tool to remove it? If you're good with a welder, to can make one. It's a thin walled socket you need to make, which is about 70mm long iirc. I have one at home that I made up, just cut the socket In half and welded a piece of tube in the middle and then ground down the outside of the socket so that it would fit.

Then used the impact gun and it came off straight away.

I had a bad experience with one of these boxes. So I would recommend getting rid of it ASAP :p

Vtezngm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt SPAC factory manual
Hi brend0n I was wondering if you had any Idea what the factory mount was called on the back of the getrag gearbox as I have bent my gearbox flange thing / rubber dohnut to tailshaft mount, the triangular solid flange like piece on the back of the box with three bolts

Nobody can tell me a name or any where to find one